Whiteout (白滅 Howaito Auto) is a White Art that gives the user the ability to control the volatility of an individual's Magic.
This White Art allows the user to restrict the Magic of those they absorb, allowing them to erase their target's Magic to a state of zero usage or vice-versa make it to uncontrollable levels at their discretion. The process of "whiting out" the target starts by the user absorbing their Magic Power by simply pointing in their direction. Once drained, the user is given awareness of the whereabouts of those Magics they restrict, as well as the ability to manipulate the target who falls under their control, in turn making them the user's slave to a certain degree of where the caster could utter the word "die" which would then be followed up by the slave's death. It's been noted that a "whited out" individual has the ability to invoke the same control onto a person by direct eye contact.
Side effects from this Magic can include the following:
- changes to personality
- the possibility for a whited out victim to die from Magic Deficiency Disease due to their Magic being untamed with extreme non-use
- if a whited out individual is consumed (i.e. a fifth generation Dragon Slayer consuming a Dragon Slayer to gain their Magic Power) then that Dragon Slayer will also become whited out and therefore under the user's control
- ↑ Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest Manga: Chapter 17, Page 13
- ↑ Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest Manga: Chapter 28, Page 18-19
- ↑ Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest Manga: Chapter 36, Pages 5-10
- ↑ Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest Manga: Chapter 42, Pages 5-19
- ↑ Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest Manga: Chapter 12, Page 5
- ↑ Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest Manga: Chapter 46, Page 17