Ushi no Koku Mairi (丑の刻参り Ushi no Koku Mairi) is a Holder-Type Ancient Spell and Lost Magic, and a type of Curse Magic and Black Magic. As of X792, this Magic has been declared forbidden by the Magic Council.
This Magic is involved with the use Kain's voodoo doll, Mr. Cursey. After someone places a strand of hair on the doll and manipulates the doll, the "victim" is manipulated in the same manner. When a person isn't holding the doll, the person who the doll is attuned to is able to move normally. However, a second aspect of this Magic is that Kain can magically alter the doll's properties, allowing him to change the properties of the person attuned to the doll in the same manner. For example, by turning his doll into iron, Kain can do the same with his own body. Other forms of Magic can be used in conjunction with this Lost Magic, for example when Natsu lit the right hand of the doll on fire, this was reflected on Lucy, who was under the influence on the doll, without actually damaging her body.
Lucy, Natsu and Happy's Spells
- Ushi no Koku Mairi (丑の刻参り; also known as 丑の時参; Ushi no Toki Mairi, both of which translate as Shrine Visit at the Hour of the Ox) is an ancient, famous, and terrible Japanese curse-ritual.
- Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 435, Page 7
- Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 226, Page 8
- Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 228, Page 8
- Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 227, Pages 12-15
- Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 226, Pages 15-16
- Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 226, Page 17
- Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 227, Page 17