|Welcome to Fairy Tail Wiki, SasookayIsRlyCoo!|
Find an Administrator
Find a P & S Council Member
|Welcome to Fairy Tail Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the Talk:Ice-Make: Bow page, and thanks for joining our community! There's a lot to do around here, so I hope you'll stay with us and make many more improvements.
It was already explained on the talk page of the deleted article, but to summarize:
- It was rather poorly done.
- Poorly named seeing as there was no eruption visible.
- It's really just Laxus coating his punch with lightning and a page for that already exists. Just because it now has enough power to push back Atlas Flame, it doesn't mean it deserves an article.
Nothing more to it.
Alright, now that my IP isn't blocked I can reply! Anyway:
- It was my first time making a page from scratch, so I can understand I made quite a few mistakes
- I named it based on the way Lightning seemed to erupt from Laxus' fist, but I admit it isn't that great.
- I genuinely think this is something different. It looks as if Laxus made a punching motion, but instead of landing a punch, fired lightning from his fist (sort of like a bala from Bleach). Whether or not that's correct, the fact that it 'hurt' Atlas Flame indicates it as Lightning Dragon Slayer Magic, not a basic Lightning Punch.
I'm not trying to be a pain, I honestly think it is a different spell.SasookayIsRlyCoo (talk) 00:23, June 16, 2014 (UTC)
Hello, I'm Wrath, 4th seat of the Policy & Standards Council. Under almost no circumstances are you to rename a page without first opening a discussion. Just because you "think it's a more fitting name" does not automatically give you the right to rename what hundreds of people view on this site daily. This will be your only warning about renaming. Next time, go to the talk page and start a vote to rename, and if the popular consensus is in agreement with what you say (after several days), then it will be renamed. Have a good day and happy editing.
06:13, June 16, 2014 (UTC)
Okay, my mistake. I tried starting up a conversation, but no one responded. I know I'm new and inexperienced. I'm just trying to get into the way things work on here. Also, I've seen a number conversations go nowhere on various wikis, so when I asked if I could merge the Ice-Make: Bow and Ice-Make: Arrows pages, it's because I just wanted to help in case no one else wanted to. I hope I'm not blocked from anything. I just want to get along :(SasookayIsRlyCoo (talk) 12:22, June 16, 2014 (UTC)
Lol you aren't blocked, and getting along is easy enough. If you're unsure of something just skim through the policies, which if you need the link to (if you haven't found them already) I can just as easily give. If you have specific questions feel free to leave me a message on my talk page.
20:26, June 17, 2014 (UTC)
Thanks Wrath. I get bored, so I'm gonna be pretty active online, so expect to see a lot of (much more thought out) activity from me.SasookayIsRlyCoo (talk) 21:49, June 17, 2014 (UTC)
Hi, I saw your post in this page and based on what the other users told me, if Water Punch exist then its ok make a similar spell of it too, just specify how this is different from the other punching spells and i do hope this will be under ice magic and not ice-make coz ice magic has fewer spells compared to ice-make spells, besides if it will be an ice-make spell I dont think Ice-Make Punch will be a good name but thats just me lol. May i suggest for you to make your own sandbox first that way you can show it to others before making a page of it in the wiki, since it will be much easier to edit stuffs that way XD. 20:57, July 16, 2014 (UTC)
Thats ok, we all start from scratch when editing in the wiki anyway, to make a sandbox just go to your profile page then add /Sandbox to your url then click enter just like my sandbox or you can personalize it like what choko did to his/her sandbox.
Once youre done, just make stuffs in your sandbox and if you need to show it to the others just give them the link. btw when making spells or a draft of a spell be sure to check it if its unique, read the manga chapters and watch the anime episodes so that you can determine if its an unnamed spell, an anime only spell or just a diff variation of an existing spell.
If its a melee spell dont forget to add them on the melee template and also add the same melee template below the spell's page(you can find this template on some of the melee spells so just copy it from there)and once the stuffs are approved, dont forget to add them to the sorcerer magazine(a place where you need to add the pages that youve made), the main magic's page, and the chapters and anime episodes where they are used.
lastly you might make spells that doesn't have a manga image, anime image or a gif,, just use this image temporarily and just ask the members of the image guild for the specific image you need and im sure they'll be able to help you out. If you're gonna upload them just follow the guilds policy about images and dont forget to include all the tags needed for the images.(just look at the tags used on the other existing images for reference)
sorry for my long post but hopefully these are helpful stuffs and have fun editing.22:09, July 16, 2014 (UTC)
Feel free to call me Geist if you like, i dont mind since others call me that too, and awesome job with Ice punch atleast when you get the hang of it youll be able to edit more stuffs in the future.03:09, July 17, 2014 (UTC)
Awesome, Just keep up doing the good work and youll be fine, almost all spells are given gifs as long as the anime animation is long enough for a gif but if its not then a still image will do.03:38, July 17, 2014 (UTC)
It's basically a junk trivia, it's not something we find mentioning-worthy. Otherwise, pages would be full of that translator did this and that mistake, etc.22:44, July 16, 2014 (UTC)
- By the way, stalking your sandbox, "Lightning Dragon's Eruption" isn't necessary, there's already Lightning Explosion which is pretty much the same thing. 22:48, July 16, 2014 (UTC)
Ice Punch seems fine. And well... that's a fair point about it hurting Atlas, but even then, it's still the same: he's shooting lightning from his fist. And I find it kind of redundant to have 46146146461 pages about something that can be easily labelled as one spell, especially if it's an unnamed action. Personally, I'd rather rename Lightning Explosion to Lightning Dragon's Something and call it a day. I'll open a discussion about it.00:02, July 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Ah, never mind. I just read the message above where Ultraprime explained why it'd be unnecessary. Ice Punch is ok, but Eruption is quite redundant, imo~ 00:04, July 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Well, we've got this and this, too. We'll see what anime does to it. As for the Lightning/Lighting Dragon Slayer spells, I don't remember anything else being used against dragons, the rest are all named spells that we're sure that they're not just regular Lightning Magic, because Laxus' guild card claims that he uses both Lightning AND Lightning Dragon Slayer Magic. 00:23, July 17, 2014 (UTC)
Having all those names in the infobox lengthens them unnecessarily, which looks far uglier than having a line of trivia that extends the page length that way. Better to fill in spaces with words than by creating more space. Also, very rarely are spell names translated differently between manga adaptations. Adding that field itself is pointless. Ergo, merely dropping a trivia line should suffice in satisfying the dub-goers. The sub and manga are much more popular than the dub, and the sub is mostly what people tend to watch, actually. I do not support adding the fields to the infoboxes, partly because I do not like the Naruto Wiki whatsoever, and partly because of what I just stated.
06:57, July 17, 2014 (UTC)
Lol I think everyone is on good terms. =) But "alternate names" are a form of trivia, in most cases, so having a section titled as such is redundant. It's like having a section titled "censorship" or "Early Concept"; all are types of trivia, and it's best to have it adhere to our existing format for which it most definitely fits without needing to needlessly create some new section.
07:10, July 17, 2014 (UTC)
Well, if you'll refer to my earlier comment, there's rarely any discrepancy between spell names between Kodansha and what we use (sometimes we actually use what Kodansha has, and not what MS uses), hence I see no need to make note of the translation differences, however minor they are, but the setup you've just shown me seems to be acceptable.
07:20, July 17, 2014 (UTC)
And it's been dealt with.
07:52, July 17, 2014 (UTC)
Sandbox Spells Critique
A quick tally of what everyone seems to be saying below.(If I'm wrong just change it yourself please. I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth)
Poison Dragon's Crushing Fang: Approved for Publishing!
Support - Myself, Relikz
Poison Dragon's Grip Strike: Approved for Publishing!
23:46,7/17/2014 23:46, July 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Blech. I hate past me. I was bedridden with too much time on my hands. 03:33,11/29/2015 03:33, November 29, 2015 (UTC)
I'll give reasons why I approve/disapprove, so that you understand~
- Lightning Dragon's Eruption: Maybe give it a different name or something, but yes, this was, I believe, Dragon Slaying Magic because of the look on Atlas' face afterwards. One could argue that it was just a bolt of lightning and doesn't deserve a page, but recently someone overhauled Laxus and made a spell page for a basic lightning bolt, so why not this one?
- All of your Sky Dragon Slayer Magic spells, lol. And here is why. Sky Dragon's Wind Blade was just a quick generation of wind for the purpose of hair cutting. It had no real purpose aside from effect. It was not used in combat, it was not used to heal. It was just there, and I don't think a "there" usage of magic really deserves a page, tbh (Iron Dragon's Blinds I'm looking at you...you should be deleted >_>). Sky Dragon's Propelled Strike was just that: a propelled strike. She didn't hit anyone with the wind, she merely used it to enhance her momentum, and if anything, that can be written in and referenced on the Sky Dragon Slayer Magic page itself, rather than needlessly making a page for it. Lastly, Sky Dragon's Tornado Knuckle; you answered this one yourself. Wendy merely punched Ezel away with her enhanced strength, then used Shattering Light: Sky Drill. In the description you say exactly what I just said, even mentioning that the stance taken is very reminiscent of it. Well, to be completely fair, if the stance taken is reminiscent of another of her spells, then it's safer logic to assume that it's the exact same one, rather than to just think that it's new.
Well, that's what I think. I have to sound tough when I judge, haha, otherwise little things slip by. That's my honest opinion. Also, I have to also let it be known that I believe in a little thing called over-categorization, which put simply means that I don't think a spell should be made for every little thing, and that descriptions about basic magic abilities and uses exist for that very reason: to make note of the littler things so we don't have the tiniest of details cluttering up our page count. Thanks for hearing me out and happy editing. =)
21:35, July 17, 2014 (UTC)
Hey Sasookay, heres my critique of your sandbox. Everything else is fine, but the only thing that is left is to make sure the referencing is uniform.
It would be like, "Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter xxx, Pages x-x". The Pages must always be written and make sure the P is capitalized in Pages. Otherwise, it looks fine to me.
Keep up the good work~
23:17, July 17, 2014 (UTC)
Hi there. To be honest, I am the worst person to ask about anything to do with Magic/spells/whatever like that. My specialities around here are summary, grammar and the anime and I never have any idea what qualifies as a spell around here, so unless it's named I never make or look over the spell pages. I can say though that the Wind Blade one to me doesn't qualify as a spell, and the others are iffy. Usually I just leave it up to others to decide, so whilst I oppose Wind Blade, I don't care about the others if everyone else thinks they're needed.
Sorry for being next to useless.
01:31, July 18, 2014 (UTC)
Aw i was late but better late than never,since there are a lot of opinions already and majority of them
- Lightning Dragon's Eruption
I myself was planning of also making this spell but due to a lot of discussions around the wiki it was decided that its not a new spell so it should not be made, If ever it will be made i would like its name to be changed coz "Eruption" sounds like the attack caused a wide spread damage but the picture did not do that but just hit atlas flame with a single concentrated attack. PS: A spell page for a basic lightning bolt doesnt exist since people stated that the ability of a lightning mage to cast beams of lightning from their hand is just a basic a characteristic of lightning magic, just like how ice magic normally freeze's stuffs so a spell page of is no longer needed. Just compare it with Lightning Eruption it wasn't from the ground to refer it as an eruption attack anyway.
- Sky Dragon's Propelled Strike
Support since she used wind magic to increase and propel herself.
- Poison Dragon's Crushing Fang
I like it coz cobra could use more spells and it looks unique anyway.
The rest I opposed coz the others already mentioned why and some of them are just weaker version of existing spells and i dont think there should be a spell for a weaker version and a stronger version of attacks.02:52, July 18, 2014 (UTC)
On 2nd thought im ok with Sky Dragon's Tornado Knuckle as long as the others said yes to it, since she punched the enemy and he was pushed back with a strong wind that could just be like an after effect that looks like the sky drill.05:08, July 18, 2014 (UTC)
Sky Dragon's Wind Blade, Sky Dragon's Tornado Knuckle and Poison Dragon's Grip Strike don't need a page. Those were just regular punches and kicks and grabs. The first one is just Wendy using her air Magic at random. The others are fine. :P
02:33, July 18, 2014 (UTC)
It's okay, it's my job as an admin. ^^
The manga makes it look like it's a tornado, since you can see "air" in the manga. But in reality she is just using the air to fly, and then bringing her arm forward to do a simple punch (with whatever enhancements she may have done to herself). ;D
02:49, July 18, 2014 (UTC)
Lightning Dragon's Eruption
The others didnt point it out so It's ok to leave it as it is I guess XD.03:11, July 18, 2014 (UTC)
Hey :) Ok. Well, the Wendy spells look like big no-nos to me. The lightning spell looks like Lightning Dragon's Heavenward Halberd to me. Ice-Make spell looks good, as well as the Ice Devil Slayer Spells. Hope that helps 13:12, July 18, 2014 (UTC)
Random, but I can't let it go
Hello, I was scrolling through the Wiki Activity and I couldn't help but notice your username. I wrestled with myself over whether or not I would say anything, but every time I tried to go back to my work, I thought of it and I just couldn't not say anything. So... I'm just here to inform you that Sasuke is most assuredly not cool. By any means. ಠ◡ಠ Sincerely, the president of the Sasuke Haters Club. *floats away like a boss* ~(^___^)~00:34,7/19/2014
- Wait, so you are a fellow Sasuke hater? >:D 01:32,7/19/2014
Awwww, hate is so much better. :( But I 'spose neutrality is the next best thing, XD. And that opening is freakin' hilarious!! >:D01:48,7/19/2014
Saso~ I was looking at the activity and...I was not happy. :P
You seem to mistake simple things for spells. Please do not think everything is a spell. The user could just be using their element to attack normally. Others have noticed this too. I don't really want to start a forum about unnamed spells. Since we have so many. ;P
04:38, July 19, 2014 (UTC)
Re: Spell Approval
Hi there, SasookayIsRlyCoo. I apologize for the terribly delayed response; we were hit with a typhoon, which took away our stuff, being the electricity and water.
Anyways, getting down to business. I don't know if you still need my opinion about your sandbox and if they're already published since I was out of the wiki for days for the reasons I gave you beforehand, but I'll still give you my two cents, nevertheless.
- Wendy's Spells: Tbh, I didn't paid any attention to Wendy's fight with Ezel, so I don't know. Better ask someone else who is caught up with the manga. Although the last one, I don't think that deserves to be a spell, because it didn't showcase any damage at all. Just because Wendy used something to cut her hair, or she conjures something out in her palm means it's already a spell.
- Lightning Dragon's Eruption: This again? We already talked about this. Just read what Ulta told you before, and add the fact that Laxus, albeit classified as Second Generation, is a Dragon Slayer, so his attacks are capable of hurting a dragon. LightningGeist also brought this one before, but I stopped him, because of your previous attempt of doing this one.
- Ice Punch: I guess this could work.
- Ice-Make: Crescent Blades: Interesting. That works.
- Ice Slayer Spells: Both works, I guess. But then again, better ask someone who is caught up with the manga. I am reading, but I seriously don't pay any attention at all.
- Poison Dragon Spells: I don't mind the first one, although the second one.. I don't think so. I mean, grabbing someone isn't enough, for me, to be a spell. Of course, that would inflict damage because it has Cobra's poison, but my stand wont change.
• LEFT AT: → 05:33, 7/20/2014
Hi there. Just in case you don't know, the .gifs are usually 200 x 112 - 115 in size and by any means, the logo of Tokyo TV shouldn't be seen. If you cannot produce something that is in accordance to the size and in the standard, we have the Image Guild and you can place a request there. The Shadow Bullets are already listed as a job, and all you have to do is to wait for a Mage to take and do it. I am somehow not pleased with your output, so please, before you do something, do a ton of reading and asking to avoid messages like these. Thank you.
• LEFT AT: → 04:08, 7/22/2014
And oh, please see to it that every time you will replace a new version of your uploads, do not forget to include the Needs stacks cleared on the list of categories, so the admins can delete the old versions.
• LEFT AT: → 06:45, 7/22/2014
Hello, SasookayIsRlyCoo. I am noticing your .gif uploads, and I commend you on picking up the pace of making them rather quick. Anyway, speaking of the .gifs, I also can't help but notice the awkward lines on the left and right side of your .gifs, which ruins your work. If you can, please remove them. While I, or some of us from IG can replace it, I believe that your work and outputs should be your own responsibility, hence, the purpose of this message. But don't worry, no rush at all. That's all.
• LEFT AT: → 18:36, 7/26/2014
Hi Sasoo! This is CSP. ^_^
I just want to tell you that when you’re uploading an image, you have to remember that you need to put the necessary categories in it. Though you listed the category of the Episode where it came from, you forgot to put in the list the characters that are involve in that image. I already added the proper categories here, here, here, and here. I saw that you uploaded a photo, so I will leave that to you. Ok, have a good day! :D 02:44, 7/31/2014
Is that so? Just to inform you, the images that I linked to you, except the first one, are already in their respective galleries, so I don’t see a reason to left them uncategorized. Anyway, just do what you think is right. ( *^*) 03:13, 7/31/2014
Hi there. If ever you will upload a .gif and it will directly fall on our articles, can you kindly include it on the respective galleries of the characters shown in it? It'll be very cool if you will. Thank you.
• LEFT AT: → 19:22, 8/3/2014