Use this page to discuss design and content changes to the Main Page. For general wiki discussion, please visit the Community Portal.
Notice: Expand this Artcile/Project
As of this date, (April,25,2008), there's 84 Fairy Tail Chapters, and plenty of imformation about the series, to make a reasonable project, with enough information. Sadly i only see, as of this date, 9 Articles in this Wikia. So, anyone that can contribute to this project, please, add new articles, or update old Articles. Thank you.Sanji-kun 02:05, 26 April 2008 (UTC)
Watch out for vandals. I corrected all the names. Drunk Samurai 20:09, 24 December 2008 (UTC)
For the sake of simplicity, and since I was asked to notify everyone if I was making a new article, let's all put the names of the articles we're going to create under this topic.
I've got Polyushko now! If anyone can find a better picture of her, please let me know... Baithin 00:56, 22 May 2009 (UTC)
I'll get started on Bob, as strange as he is... Lol. I could use some help. - Baithin
Could we get a Categories page with all the different Categories listed? Baithin 20:45, 11 June 2009 (UTC)
That's a redundant idea, to be honest. Categories aren't that important, besides we don't have that many at the moment. Maybe when we have enough that it would be logical to have such a page. Dalyup! 01:16, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
Well, they're a nice way to organize everybody. You can look in one place to find out who's a villain, who's a hero, who's a member of what guild, who USED to be a villain, etc etc. It'd definitely be helpful. Who knows how many category pages have actually been created so far? Baithin 01:40, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
I believe there's around eight. I guess there's no harm in doing it. Dalyup! 09:14, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
I vote for using the more popular names instead of the English manga. Drunk Samurai 02:02, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
- I vote for using the official names. Not only were they chosen and created by Hiro Mashima, the creator himself, but the "more popular names" were guesses made by just one random person. -Mr. Toto 02:37, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
- If by "official names" you mean Gerhardt, then I vote against that. I prefer Jeral or Gerard. - Baithin
- Not all official names will be 'Gerhardt', some will be Natsu 'Dragneel' and the such. I vote for the official names. Dalyup! 13:15, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
- Gerhardt was my mistake--it won't happen again. But please, let the vote continue on.-Mr. Toto 16:30, 17 June 2009 (UTC)
- I vote Gerard, Erza (instead of Elza), Gazille, and Lluvia. I don't know if these are the "official" names, but I prefer the latter two over "Gajeel" and Jubia. Also, did it occur to anyone that Blaine could really be "Brain"? I remember reading a sidenote in the manga about the translator expressing confusion over his name and only going with Blaine because Brain "sounded weird." However, Brain seems to fit with the rest of the names of the Oracion Seis - they all seem to be codenames, which was confirmed partially with Racer. - Baithin
We're not voting for particular names. We are voting for using English manga names for all of them or the more commonly known for all of them. Mystogan and Dragoneel are the worst out of the English manga ones. Mist Gun and Dragonil are much better. Gazille is also definitely better than Gajeel too. Drunk Samurai 08:11, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
Well i vote for the translated names, but that what redirection pages are for -Umi
I wasn't entirely sure what the English manga names are. I definitely hate "Mystogan." I disagree with some, but not all, of the english manga names. - Baithin
When you say translated names do you mean Del Rey or scanlation? Drunk Samurai 22:54, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
- We can't just be selective and choose the names based on what fans think sound better. Regardless, these are the names Mashima chose for his characters. In the newest omake, which you can read here, both Gajeel and Juvia's names are spelled out in English the same way they are in Del Rey's version. It's not like they're lying about getting the official names from him. -Mr. Toto 15:11, 22 June 2009 (UTC)
- In that link you gave, the names are spelled "Lluvia" and "Gazille"... Isn't that what we've been arguing this whole time? x.x - Baithin
- Check the actual artwork. Juvia's ride is specifically written "Juvia Slider" in plain English. Her name is then drawn right next to her. Same with Gajeel. In fact, here's the RAW pages so you can see how it was in Japanese. Thesetwo are the pages in question. It was the translator who chose to go with "Lluvia" and "Gazille" because, quote, "they suck ass." -Mr. Toto 18:51, 23 June 2009 (UTC)
- In that link you gave, the names are spelled "Lluvia" and "Gazille"... Isn't that what we've been arguing this whole time? x.x - Baithin
So so far it is 3-2? Or what? Baithin and Umibouzu have not been clear on which one they are voting for exactly. Since we can only go with one or the other and not mix and match. Drunk Samurai 02:27, 27 June 2009 (UTC)
I'm voting for the more commonly known names. But can't we also just say what other names they have under their page, or on the page Name Spellings? - Baithin
That is what we have been doing. Drunk Samurai 22:24, 27 June 2009 (UTC)
Then I don't see why we're arguing so much over this. As long as we keep doing that, we're fine, I think. - Baithin
- I still don't understand the rationale. The only reason those names are more common is because someone made them up and he dislikes the official romanizations. Heck, Gajeel and Juvia were written as such in the Japanese manga and still nobody uses them? It doesn't make sense. In the case of One Piece, if the protagonist's first name was more commonly romanized by fans as "Rufi" even though his official name was "Luffy," would you still go with the former? -Mr. Toto 20:09, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
As much as I dislike some of the romanizations like Gajeel and Gerhardt, I'd have to agree with Mr. Toto. Going by what's popular, there's the possibility you'll end up with petty edit wars about page names if popularity of a certain name were split rather evenly, like say... Jubia, Juvia, and Lluvia (ignoring Mashima's romanisation for sake of an example). By making it the consensus to use official names, we get rid of this problem before it starts. - LionsLight 14:33, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
Since this argument is going nowhere, can we please wait until the anime comes out in a couple of months? Most likely, they'll pronounce the correct names there. - Baithin
- This argument is advancing, and I don't think it's a good idea to wait until Autumn to sort this out. Besides, from what I remember a lot of the names are pronounced the same with the different spellings. Best to sort this out now/soon. Dalyup! 20:03, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
It looks like it's 3-3 then. Drunk Samurai 22:43, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
They all direct to the same place, the name doesnt matter, i dont know why trolls keep coming around saying change the names, whats the point? lets focus on the CONTENT rather than what the people are called, if anyone still cares just change it to the kanji and katakana, simplest thing to do -Umi, the problem solver
- Seems you don't get our point. We believe the names are important and that the official names should be used which comes from Mashima himself rather than the (now and again) incorrect and fan suggested translations. It's not like this names business stops from adding content either, and, oh, names are content as well. Changing it to kanji or katakana is a bad idea considering this is an English wikia. Dalyup! 22:24, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
I dont see why we still get worked up over this, try ending the useless flaming, its fine exactly how it is, nothing is WRONG with the names, they all lead to the same place whether there english or translated, but instead of wating time fighting like we are now, just change the names every other month from english to translated, its the same waste of time were having fighting -Umi
- Please don't misinterpret me. If I/we were flaming/fighting I/we would be swearing or being constantly sarcastic or whatever. It's a debate. In our opinion this isn't useless nor fine and it should be the official names as far as I'm concerned. If you don't have the same opinion so be it; that's your right, but any other compromise is pointless. Perhaps I'm just not being articulate enough but whatever, I can't help that. Dalyup! 22:39, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
- Umi, there really isn't that much of a rush so I don't see how we're wasting time. And I don't think anyone getting particularly worked up about it, either. Anyway, it's more of a case of standardising things and making the Wiki to look a little more professional if we decide on a common set of names to use. Whether to use names officially romanised by Mashima which we may or may not agree with, or to use names scanlators chose which are more prefered, but inconsistent with each scanlation group. LionsLight 07:53, 4 July 2009 (UTC)
It really wouldn't matter how the anime pronounces them. Most people would still prefer the more common names regardless. Drunk Samurai 18:40, 4 July 2009 (UTC)
- But the way the anime pronounces them is the way they're supposed to be said. "Gajeel" has absolutely no "z's" in his name in Japanese--it's literally written "Gajiru." By going by "the most common names," not only is the site listing names translated by a single person due to what he thought sounded coolest, but it will just spread incorrect information. Forget the fact that they're more common--the only reason they are is because random people on the internet chose them. -Mr. Toto 00:33, 6 July 2009 (UTC)
I don't care. You're not going to change my vote. This is just a consensus where supporters of keeping more common names is winning. Drunk Samurai 17:59, 6 July 2009 (UTC)
- Last time I checked, it was a tie. -Mr. Toto 19:41, 6 July 2009 (UTC)
Just a note, how the anime pronounces "Gazille" isn't going to solve anything since "ji" substitutes "zi" in Japanese. And I'm going to summarize this tl;dr discussion into two major points for each side.
Points for scanlation names:
- Some look better than some of the official ones.
- Widely recognised.
Points for translated names:
- Official; Mashima himself translated them and can be sourced.
- Scanlated names are inconsistent with both scanlation groups and fans themselves.
It may just be me, but listed out like this, it only cements my position to use official translations as both points to use scanlated names are subject to personal opinion. :/ LionsLight 16:14, 7 July 2009 (UTC)
-I change my vote, I was being narrow minded before, im fine with you changing it, and Drunk Samurai, you kinda have a "record" of causing flame wars, and i suggest you stop wasting other peoples time with pointless posts, i say we should start working on more articles P.S: Speculation doesnt belong in articles guys!Umibouzu 02:01, 26 July 2009 (UTC)
I suggest you stop being an idiot with claims such as me having a "record" of flame wars. The only pointless post was you posting here and saying that wanting unofficial names is narrow minded. Drunk Samurai 17:54, 26 July 2009 (UTC)
Alright calm down kid, but you do ,on One Piece wiki you were reprimanded many times, and i dont see how wanting there to be change is narrowminded, if anything you wanting to keep them that way for no reason is narrowminded and to make sure there's not another flame war again, this is my last post in this topic -Umi
- Well now it's 4 to 2. Does anyone else want to have a say in this? Drunk Samurai, let me stress that this is necessary for accuracy's sake. The translator of a series sets the status quo for what characters are known as outside of Japan. However, if official romanizations are given and not adopted, people will go by inaccurate terms until it is changed. -Mr. Toto 19:09, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
I vote for the scanlated names. I found this site randomly when I was bored and searched for Fairy Tail. I came from the Fairy Tail union.
- Well now I don't mean to be rude Bonjour, but do you plan to contribute at all? All you've done is pop in and comment you want the scanlated names--you've never even touched the Wiki before. Unless you're planning on regularly editing, I don't think you should get a vote. -Mr. Toto 00:21, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
Lol. That's coming from somebody who has only changed names on the wikia. So we might as well say your vote doesn't count then. Besides if they were voting for the official names you wouldn't say a thing. Drunk Samurai 02:30, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
- I'm very active on the Wikipedia Fairy Tail wiki, and I'd be doing the same thing here. Also, despite your claims, I'd say the same thing to anyone else. BONJOUR, on the other hand, literally just registered yesterday and his only post was that. -Mr. Toto 16:36, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
Wikipedia is not wikia. You're only saying that because I called you out on it. Drunk Samurai 18:32, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
- Wikipedia may not be Wikia, but that doesn't mean that I can't work on both. I plan to work on this page. BONJOUR hasn't done a thing except come in and state his opinion of a matter that he hadn't been a part of. I might be more inclined to listen if he had been following this from the beginning and had made a few edits to pages, but this isn't the case. If anyone else had done the same thing, I would have called them out. Don't act like you wouldn't either--especially when you so adamantly oppose official translations by the creator of the series. -Mr. Toto 07:06, 8 August 2009 (UTC)
Ok seriously. Quit bullshiting. The only edits YOU have made were name changes. So quit with the bullshit lies that you are working on this. Grow up, kid. Actually I ignored it when LionsLight commented originally. If I had I could have easily said something about his vote since that was the only thing he edited. I'm going to be gone for about a week anyway. Who knows if he will come back in that time or even after. Drunk Samurai 07:37, 8 August 2009 (UTC)
- Who says name changes aren't important though? And who says I won't work on this afterward? There's no need for any animosity, and I don't understand why you get so angry during every debate on this and other Wikia pages--especially considering that you're wrong most of the time. Calm down. Be civil at the very least; there's no need to act like a child. Contrary to your belief, the internet is not serious business. If BONJOUR becomes an editor, that's fine. But literally, he's only plugged a vote and told us where he came from. There wasn't even a reason as to why he felt this way. -Mr. Toto 08:15, 8 August 2009 (UTC)
- I may be replying a little bit to this incident, but I thought I'd sit back for a few days to see if BONJOUR would do anything else. Considering that he's done nothing for a whole week except that one edit, I completely agree with Mr. Toto. Dalyup! 21:50, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
As the most active editor on this wikia, I move in favor of using the OFFICAL translations from the english manga. It doesn't matter, if the other names are more popular and some make more sense like Leon Reitei being Lyon Reitei ad Visca Moulin being Bisca. The names in the english manga are the offical translations given by Hiro himself. Wouldn'y you want everyone to be using the correct names of characters in your own series? -Shock Dragoon.
Since its 4-2 i think that the english names win,and since there is a noticible absence of people here for the scanlation, i think the matter is solved, i think we need to hold off on Gerhardht until the 9~10 volume when he makes an appearance, otherwise SPECULATION!(and i dont want this to sound mean) -Umi, i came back....
Guild articles and categories
Something I noticed while checking them out: It seems rather redundant if you have articles called Fairy Tail Guild, Lamia Scale Guild, etc. when Fairy Tail or Lamia Scale would suffice, since it's obvious what one would be looking for if they searched for it using those titles.
Similiarly, you could shorten category names such as Category: Cait Shelter members, :Category: Oracion Seis members, etc. by removing "members". From experience, I can say that most if not all articles in such categories would be characters affiliated with those guilds. So yeah, I thought I'd ask for your opinions first, since if I indulged in my compulsion, I'd be changing the names of a decent amount of pages.- LionsLight 15:45, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
- Makes sense to do so. Dalyup! 18:13, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
I disagree about the Fairy Tail Guild move. It should be kept at Fairy Tail Guild and the actual Fairy Tail page should be about the manga. Drunk Samurai
- Personally, I'd use Fairy Tail for the guild and Fairy Tail (manga) for the manga article since we can standardise the Guild articles that way. But if you insist, then I'd suggest Fairy Tail (guild), Fairy Tail (manga), and Fairy Tail as a disambiguation page. Your thoughts? LionsLight 04:01, 5 July 2009 (UTC)
Actually I was tired when I wrote that. I meant it should be about both the manga and anime (when it comes out) It could have information about it similarities with other stuff and could list changes between manga and anime. Drunk Samurai 17:04, 5 July 2009 (UTC)
- My suggestion remains unchanged. "(manga)" was a generalisation to refer to the actual work. Do you have any thoughts regarding my proposed titles, or do you have any suggestions that you think would organise the articles better? :/ LionsLight 08:22, 6 July 2009 (UTC)
So, is it decided?
So, did we elect to go by the offcial translations now? If so we better start cracking on the names before the anime comes out. Also, I say we should come to an offcial agreement by September-1 agreed? User: Shock Dragoon Aug-22-09.
Yah it was decided already -Umi
- Huh, people keep doing things before I can (was about to propose the same). There's about 4 active editors in agreement with one in disagreement which is an 80% majority so, in my opinion, yeah, it's decided. Maybe we should start changing the names from September 1st instead? Or sooner. Dalyup! 21:36, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
Correction. 3 active editors. Mr. Toto has ONLY ever changed the names and discussed them on the talk pages. Drunk Samurai 07:43, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
- By active, I meant people who still come here on a fairly good basis. Anyway, even if it was 3 instead that would just make it a 75% majority which is enough, imo. Dalyup! 10:42, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
Three things. 1) I missed Shock Dragon's comment earlier about an official agreement. That is just BS. People could sign up and want the scanlation names. There could be a new consensus later on. 2)  page should have all name spellings in it. Including locations and terms. Such as Garuna Island Vs Galuna Island. 3) The  should have both Official and scanlation names for the chapters. Or else a separate page for both. Drunk Samurai 11:07, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
Well if it has been decided by majority (and by Hiro in a sense), I'm gonna start changing the names by noon. Shock Dragoon Aug-23-09 7:53am (EST)
Heartfilia is NOT the official translation. Heartfilia was only EVER used on a gravestone. Also you conviently ignored my 3 points above. Drunk Samurai 20:06, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
- 1) That certainly could happen, but I don't think we're going to allow any person who hasn't been active a vote. 2) We could just put the scanlation names there instead, whilst using the official names across the whole site. 3) We can't do that for all of them since Del Ray will always lag behind. We use the official names first, then scanlation names if there's none of the former anyway. Sorry, but I don't even see the point of doing that.
- About 'Heartfilia', I'm not too sure about that myself. However, since the Wikipedia page used that and they're going by the official names, and since Mashima has only been (as far as I know) varied with Erza's name, I'll go with it.
- The argument's exhausted. We're going with it. Dalyup! 14:35, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
It doesn't matter if they lag behind. Having both is better than only having one or the other. This is not Wikipedia. It is insulting you would try to compare this wikia to Wikipedia considering all the moronic deletionist Wikipedia has. Heartfilia is NOT the official name. This argument is not exhausted. That's just you trying to end it because you know I'm right. Drunk Samurai 19:13, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
- First of all, I still think having both of them is pointless: unnecessary space taken. Secondly, I didn't compare this wikia to Wikipedia; I was using their actions as support for my reasoning since I trust the reasoning of the editors there. I don't see how that's comparison. Your statement about Heartfilia is basically the same as me saying milk is NOT white. Unless you can prove Heartfilia isn't the official name (albeit I need to prove it myself), I'm not going to oppose it. We may continue the argument, as we are doing, but we're changing the names so in a sense it's exhausted, in a sense it's not; so I'm half-wrong, I guess. But I liked your presumption, made me laugh. I believe you're wrong, just for the record. Dalyup! 19:37, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
I don't care what you think is pointless. Its obvious both are needed to satisfy both types of people who come to this wikia. The editors there are mostly idiots so that's a bad reason to trust them. Drunk Samurai 19:53, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
Your opinion of their idiocy is just that, an opinion. I disagree, and regardless of that, we both disagree. Perhaps we should have a vote, between all of us, whether we should just use Del Ray as an official source for chapter, location names and the such? Dalyup! 20:35, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
Obviously you are going to use Del Rey's names. The point is that chapters and volumes should have both. Every normal wikia does it this way. Drunk Samurai 20:54, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
- Actually, I think I've been misunderstanding you (about the chapter names}. My bad: I agree with you now. I'll see to doing that, and making it neat, when I can. I still think we should use Del Ray's location names though; Galuna over Garuna, for example. Dalyup! 19:30, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
Tl;dr: Ass fight of righteousness. KytaEternal 18:47, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
The current chapter names should remain unchanged regardless of the reason but the English versions added to the page. Drunk Samurai 21:13, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
I had some spare time (read: could be arsed) to learn the wiki markup code and so make this table(s). I think I've returned to my previous opinion now (although changed) that we use scantlation names unless Del Ray's chapter names are available, but I digress, that table is there if people agree to its usage. Dalyup! 19:09, September 20, 2009 (UTC)
It should be both and the scanlation names should use the names they had originally not Del Rey names since that would be false information. For instance they never used Everlue they used Evaroo. Drunk Samurai 21:57, September 20, 2009 (UTC)
Next Month's featured article
Okay, I geuss everyone has realized my massive overhaul of the Main Page complete with chapter summary, episode summary (whenever it comes) and a monthly "Featured Article" that uses the guild cards. So instead of choosing next month's featured character myself, I decided to put it to a vote:
"Who do you want to be next month's featued article?"
a) Lucy b) Happy c) Gray d) Erza
Who do you think it should be? (Team Natsu Characters first) I will be making the article by the last day so hurry with the dissicion please. If no one answers then it is Happy sense he was second to appear.
Shock Dragoon Aug-23-09
Can I use, the err...err. The box that holds all the info on a character? I want to use it for the newly created Fairy Tail Fanon wiki, I created.--Inferuno Ryuu 21:19, September 24, 2009 (UTC)
You can, but do you know how to use it? Dalyup! 16:29, September 25, 2009 (UTC)
- Nope. I'll copy and paste then edit.--Inferuno Ryuu 22:35, September 25, 2009 (UTC)
- Can I use info from your site? I need some character info, for my Fairy Tail Discussion center.
- . RoxasUltima 8:07 April 29, 2010 (UTC)
Just to sort this matter out
I noticed the move log war between Cifer and Drunk Samurai last night wherein Drunk highlighted that, technically, the consensus was only over character names. Indeed, I could also say that technically we only ever said "names", never indicating exactly which kind of name we meant - whether just character or all kinds of names for things. However, that's irrelevant and to get rid of any ambiguity I think we should have a general vote, or another consensus if you will, to simply use Del Ray as an official source of translation for any kind of names and the manga in general. Dalyup! 20:59, October 14, 2009 (UTC)
I feel like that is a good idea. I do personally prefer Stellar spirit over celestial, and mage over wizard, but I think we should use the terminology in the Del Rey Volumes to stay consistant with the character names.--Cifer64 21:04, October 14, 2009 (UTC)
If you prefer the scanlation names then that technically means you would vote for them in the other consensus. You all obviously know what I would vote for. Drunk Samurai 22:36, October 28, 2009 (UTC)
Just because I prefer SOME of the scanlation terms doesn't meen I want them for the wiki. If we are using the Del Rey character names then I would prefer to use terminology as well for consistancy.--Cifer64 22:39, October 28, 2009 (UTC)
If you say you prefer something then that would mean that is what you want for the wikia also. Drunk Samurai 22:47, October 28, 2009 (UTC)
You don't get what I am saying. And I changed my opinion since then and I now think both the scanlation and the Del Rey terms are fine, but I'd personally think this wiki should use the Del Rey terminology for consistency, considering the fact that the wiki is using the Del Rey name spellings. --Cifer64 22:58, October 28, 2009 (UTC)
I should have put why I changed my opinion earlier. The subs use the Del Rey terminology as well, so that is why I changed my opinion.--Cifer64 23:02, October 28, 2009 (UTC)
I was saying you would choose scanlation names for everything in the old consensus since you said that is what you preferred. Must be some crappy subs if they are using official English spellings. Drunk Samurai 23:13, October 28, 2009 (UTC)
I don't know why you think I would want the scanlation names but what ever. I don't get why you think I was voting for the scanlation terminology just because I once said I prefered them (which I don't anymore), but I'm not going to try and argue anymore because I'm sick of trying to get your to understand that I voted for the Del Rey terminology, not the scanlation. By the way, the subs I watch are excellent and I don't know how they can be bad if they are using the Mashima confirmed names and spellings.--Cifer64 23:22, October 28, 2009 (UTC)
Fir the love of God enough! We have already agreed to use the official translations so Stellar becomes Celestial. Also, mage and wizard are the same thing so it doesn't really matter so use what ever phrase you want. Shock Dragoon 7:50, Oct-28-09
Mashima confirmed? He has only directly romanized two names. That's it. Drunk Samurai 23:58, October 28, 2009 (UTC)
Yes Drunk Samurai, they are Mashima confirmed. Just because he only romanized a few names doesnt mean he cant tell Del Rey how to spell a character's name in english, jesus, just learn that Mashima wanted the names, so dont use the incorrect ones. -Chitalian8 15:23, May 9, 2010 (UTC)
Spell name standardisation
Okay, from what I've been seeing across articles, spell names just follow whatever it's most commonly referred to. While I don't mind that, I do notice that because of this, we're ending up with a reasonable number of the spells written in Japanese, and large portion in English, and in some cases, certain pages use both interchangeably. So I think some standardisation is in order.
I suggest that for these spells, what we should do is translate the names and include the Japanese katakana/kanji and romaji in brackets, much like how character names are done in some articles. So, Karyuu no Houkou would be something along the lines of:
- Fire Dragon's Roar (火竜の咆哮 Karyū no Hōkō) - Natsu breathes fire, etc etc.
Thoughts? LionsLight 08:10, November 27, 2009 (UTC)
- A good idea. I'll start adopting this whenever I edit articles. Although I don't how to write the Japanese for it so I suggest that should be the preferred option but otherwise to have it as English if someone isn't aware how to do it?—This unsigned comment was made by Dalyup! (talk • contribs) .
- I think that should be fine. After all, can't force someone to do something they can't. The only problem I haven't quite thought out is that certain attack names use Kanji but have furigana eg. Gerard's Judgement of the Seven Stars has kanji that reads 'Shichiseiken' but is read as 'Grand Chariot' LionsLight 06:36, November 28, 2009 (UTC)
Call for Pics!
All right, we need more pics for the articels everyone, manga and anime style Shock Dragoon 7:00PM (ETZ) Jan-15-10
Fairy Tail: Portable Guild (PSP)
Anyone know enough of this to make a page on it? 188.8.131.52 07:29, March 18, 2010 (UTC)
You're welcome ChaosKnight 02:41, May 23, 2010 (UTC)
What is the point of having "Marital Status" in the charbox template if few, if any characters are married? "Relationship Status" might be better, but even then most characters aren't in a romantic relationship. Baithin 02:38, May 24, 2010 (UTC)
Result of voting
Would you (and by you i mean the boss or admins) agree if i sorted the results of the voting in a descending order? thank you. Empath-silvio 21:58, July 17, 2010 (UTC)
Though I am not an admin, feel free to sort it out. If there's any mistake, we will help out. ChaosKnight 03:00, July 20, 2010 (UTC)
The new layout
Although there are still some elements from another wikia, the layout is much better than last time, so let's keep it for now. I recommend that using a lighter color for the words inside the red box. It will contrast better. Also, there is a large, empty space next to the poll that could be filled, possibly with one of the box on the right. ChaosKnight 04:01, July 25, 2010 (UTC)
About the Main Page design
Hi, i'm new on this wikia, currently i'm focusing on the pics on the articles and i think the general desing of the wikia is pretty fine, there's only one thing that stills borthers me and that's the main page, since i am the new guy here i don't know how to change it but if someone could i think it would help a lot. In my opinion it feels kind of odd to enter the wikia and find the disorder on the page. 184.108.40.206 20:10, August 1, 2010 (UTC)
By the way, i forgot to sign. Fuyu 20:15, August 1, 2010 (UTC)
Well, if there are some places that you want to change on the main page, just list it out. I'm pretty sure that someone will help out. ChaosKnight 04:15, August 2, 2010 (UTC)
I will usually update on the fifth of every month unless someone else had updated already (Quotes, Pics, Facts, and Featured Articles. The poll will be updated on the 14th of every month, and I'll take care of that). So if anyone wants to do it, please do so before the 5th. Otherwise you guys will be stuck with my (rather horrible) changes... ChaosKnight 04:15, August 2, 2010 (UTC)
Seems good to me, so far the changes you have done are cool. About what a said before, the only things that are out of the place, are the "Pictures of the Month" and where the title of "Fairy Tail" is. Thanks in advance.Fuyu 15:42, August 2, 2010 (UTC)
The alignment is now fixed. If there's any more problem for Main Page, remember to list them out here. Also, the quote of the month will be updated earlier than expected, and it is from Chapter 195. I translated as best as I could, so I hope that you guys will like it. ChaosKnight 16:13, August 3, 2010 (UTC)
Hey, here are two other things that are in need to be fixed:
- The welcome board (better smaller)
- The poll board (change it into a new one)
Hopefully you'll fix everything. Thanks in advanced.Fuyu 00:17, August 8, 2010 (UTC)
The poll board is changed on the 14th of every month, and I'll see what I can do with the welcome board. ChaosKnight 01:00, August 17, 2010 (UTC)
Great, everything looks great now.Fuyu 03:46, August 17, 2010 (UTC)
Starting tomorrow, i will begin to add articles to the episodes who are missing them. I would like someone to add pictures to them. If anyone would be willing to, please leave a message in my talk. You will find there the episodes i have finished. Empath-Silvio 22:38, August 16, 2010 (UTC)
Ok, i'll help you with that, adding pictures is my job, count me in.Fuyu 03:49, August 17, 2010 (UTC)
Hey can we have a spoiler policy for those who don't read Japanese. KantonKageX 19:10, September 6, 2010 (UTC)
If there's a way to do a spoiler tag, I would've done it since the beginning of the very first manga summary. But there aren't any... and I'm only trying to provide the newest information as soon as I can... ChaosKnight 21:50, September 7, 2010 (UTC)
Hello. I have been juggling with an idea for a while, and i would like everyone's opinion on this. I am the one who writes the recent anime column, and i have noticed that some episodes have very long reviews. I have tried to compress my writing, but if i do, i leave out major details. So, i was thinking, what if i write a short summary or chronology in the main page and put the link of the episode onwards? That would be more aesthetic, at least to me. And i wouldn't mind doing it. Whatcha think? Empath-Silvio 21:58, September 8, 2010 (UTC)
About the first point, I think it's a good idea, about second part... what do you think about the summary of the entire volume? It will include a few chapters so it wouldn't be so short... Ishthak 22:31, September 8, 2010 (UTC)
Yes, that's exactly what i was saying yesterday to someone. we need summaries of volumes, because our Story Arcs are very scarce. I could take care of it, but i have my hands full as is. Who else would be willing to write around here? Empath-Silvio 22:40, September 8, 2010 (UTC)
Despite the shortness of (certain) chapters, I still believe it's a good idea to make summaries to all of the chapters. I can take care of the chapter summaries, albeit rather slowly. ChaosKnight 23:28, September 8, 2010 (UTC)
Recent Anime Column
I was thinking, now that there are articles about each chapter, maybe we could shorten the manga column as well, with a link and summary of the chapter in three-four lines? That would makee a better spoiler and fix the odd section bordering on the main page, me thinks. I wanted to start with the chapter pages but i don't know how to use the template and i cant begin with C200 cuz i get chapters 2 days later in my area. If u guys make the pages i'll gladly do the chapters like i did with Mira-Sensei. I have details on all the omake as well, except for happy in boots. Please let me know. And please use the chapter cover images from the tankobon(they look better that way?) and will the manga articles have just text or an image apart from the cover as well? The new anime section is way cooler and as usual everyone is doing a great job.
On a side note i have drawings of Libra and i guess a few more from Hiro Mashima's One-shot volumes. Thoughts? --OOoXENAoOo-- 10:21 September 14, 2010 (UTC)
Actually, there's only Chapter 1 right now, and the template is still under testing. Once the template is finished testing (should be before next week), we'll go from there. The manga articles will be similar to the anime articles with pictures as well (Especially if there's a major difference between anime and manga's image). We have been using the tankobon as our primary cover page as well, unless there is a (preferably official) color version of the cover page. The new chapters, however, will be using the the japanese magazine cover pages (which I will clean, edit, and provide as early as Wednesday) until the tankobon version is out). Now, about the omakes, I might edit a bit of the template so that it would fit the article better.
One question, though, Libra?! Is that from Mashima En? If it is, then probably best used as an initial design artwork... ChaosKnight 20:56, September 14, 2010 (UTC)
The template is now on the last legs of the test. I will need someone to write a summary of Chapter 3 with the template instructions given at Template:FTChapter (Yes, you need to create a new page called 'Chapter 3'). It doesn't matter who writes it, as long as it's relatively detailed enough and follows the instruction given. If there are any problems/concerns/comments about the template, please post it on the discussion page of the template page. Thank you and have fun! Also, the date published for chapter 3 is Aug 23, 2006, hope it helps! ChaosKnight 07:11, September 18, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks Much Chaos!! I'll fill out as much as i can and leave the rest to u guys. Have you decided on having additional pics? Btw abt the chap covers, do the color ones come without the text(in japanese)? i havent seen them yet :/ . And, yes, i have Libra ;p I thought others might be having it as well, which is why i dint say it long back, cuz the drawing is major spoiler material. i have cancer too? want them? oOOXENAoOo 14:50, September 18, 2010 (UTC)
Ruchio, who is this guy, and who got this info... from where..?? OOoXENAoOo, 6:01 October 1, 2010, (UTC)
It will make (some) senses soon, until then, please wait... ChaosKnight 03:03, October 2, 2010 (UTC)
If the result is unsatisfactory (which is relatively high right now...), I will change it to something else... ChaosKnight 06:25, October 2, 2010 (UTC)
Your wikia is in danger
The wikia staff are planning to impose a mandatory skin on all wikia sites that would disrupt the encyclopedic nature in its basic form. More info in the following links.
Birthdays, should we change them to age?
The birthday row of the profiles is a blank for virtually any profile, and yet we don't have an age row. Given that ages are given on the information cards for most characters, shouldn't we change birthdays to simply age? --Keroko 01:50, November 7, 2010 (UTC)
- Digging into the template code, I found that the age row already exists but doesn't show up for some reason, even if the character page does have the age listed. Anyone know how to fix this? --Keroko 11:55, November 8, 2010 (UTC)
Sorry for the late response. It seems like the 'age' was forgotten while designing the template. Don't worry, it will be fixed before long (hopefully in a couple of hours). ChaosKnight 22:08, November 8, 2010 (UTC)
FAIRY TAIL WILL NEVER END!
Fairy Tail lives forever it may end inn TV but not in real life! We can still make friends as the ones who like Fairy Tail and let Fairy Tail RISE
Polling the Fairy tail char and Hiro Mashima at http://pollpigeon.com/whos-the-best-looking-in-fairy-tail/t/161193/
go for your fav char !!!
VOTE UR FAV CHAR ON http://pollpigeon.com/whos-the-best-looking-in-fairy-tail/t/161193/
GO 4 UR BEST CHAR!!!!!
VOTE UR FAV CHAR ON http://pollpigeon.com/whos-the-best-looking-in-fairy-tail/t/161193/
GO 4 UR BEST CHAR!!!!!
I was just wondering if there is a facebook page and if you can give me the link
Most Recent Episode
I just wanted to add the most recent episode since they're about to air another one tomorrow. Blissfully Disturbed 04:50, March 6, 2011 (UTC)
|Fairy Tail Wiki||Fairy Tail Series||Fairy Tail Guild|
Maybe something like this? Rauleli 23:50, April 27, 2011 (UTC)
Sorry if this seems presumptuous of me, but I noticed that a lot of articles have descriptions of the characters' roles in the story as if each paragraph is a summary of every little thing they do in each chapter as each new chapter comes out. It's especially apparent in the character articles; some of them (like Zeref's article) contain paragraphs that are written as if they're part of the most recent chapter that came out, even while they're followed by even more recent chapters. I'm not familiar with the Manual of Style this wiki may or may not have, but it just makes the articles seem sloppy. I'm hoping for comments on this issue, and if anyone is willing to do anything about it. Immblueversion 07:11, August 10, 2011 (UTC)
Yes, I've noticed that in only a few character's pages like Natsu but I don't like to cut things down since someone already worked on it so I've only started to cut down a few sentences but I'm working on it 11:14, August 10, 2011 (UTC)
Huge English cast reveal
Apparently Funimation has released (most of) the new cast for the first twelve episodes here.
why are they even there?
Why are hades,ultear,knightwalker,azuma,and jose on the main page under that welcome to the fairy tail wikia thing? their not even main characters. why not exchange them with makarov or some actually top protagonists? -- Troll King Imhungry4444 23:35, October 10, 2011 (UTC)
Becuase the top row displays protagonists and the bottom row displays antagonists.
ah well that makes sense but idk if azuma or knightwalker should be there. why not brain and faust? -- Troll King Imhungry4444 01:11, October 11, 2011 (UTC)
True, both of them were the leaders of their respective arcs, I'll trade them now.
Why not just add a 3rd row so Gajeel, Wendy, Makarov, and some other main characters? 220.127.116.11 18:40, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
Funimation dub episode titles and character quotations
I was thinking, now that the Fairy Tail anime is being dubbed by Funimation, should the episode titles be changed to correspond to the official English title cards as translated and provided by the Funimation release? For example:
- "Fairy Tail (Episode)" --> "The Fairy Tail"
- "The Fire Dragon, the Monkey, and the Ox" --> "Fire Dragon, Monkey, and Bull"
- "Infiltrate! The Everlue Mansion!" --> "Infiltrate the Everlue Mansion"
- "DEAR KABY" --> "Dear Kaby"
If for whatever reason people may choose the unofficial, "literal" translations of the episode titles to be kept (for example, the title of episode 3 contains punctuations that are removed from the Funimation translation), could there possibly be an additional section in the episode template featuring such a translation? And while the remaining episodes uploaded online by Funimation do feature English translations via subtitles, I am more in favor of waiting until those episodes have official English title cards, but only if this change is accepted.
On a minor note, I noticed that all quotations taken from the series are based on fan translations. Granted, there are many manga chapters and anime episodes that are without official translations and such, but for those who have been officially released in English, would it be out of the question to replace them with quotations from the Del Ray/Kodansha manga translations, if not the Funimation dub (though I feel it would be more ideal to use the manga, since that is what Fairy Tail primarily is), or would it be too much trouble?
I hope you will consider this proposition. Immblueversion 17:18, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
See the discussion here. However, I'll try to add the FUNimation title on the template. 19:18, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
I would be against using the Del Rey/Kodansha as well as the Funmation translations as I'm not familiar with them or how they are run. If they change something for censorship purposes or because they think some wording fits better than another then we would have incorrect translations on the site.
Well, if we're only limiting the importance of official translations to determine how character names are spelled, then I guess I slightly overestimated something here. Immblueversion 00:37, October 19, 2011 (UTC)
We use Kodansha for the name translations because Mashima does the english translation for those himself, however naturally he does not do the entire volumes, so...
New dub actors?
As of yesterday, the first Fairy Tail Blu-ray/DVD box set has been released to those who pre-ordered it on the online shopping website "Right Stuf". According to those who obtained it (I am not one of them), the voice cast lists for episodes 4 and 12 have confirmed the English voices for two characters whose English voices were previously unknown: reportedly, Cancer is played by Will Short, and the young Gray Fullbuster is played by one Ryan Reynolds (not the live action actor; this Ryan Reynolds is a woman and a real Funimation voice actress). Should we wait for an actual video to be uploaded and verify these claims, or should I just go ahead and add these? Immblueversion 02:00, October 20, 2011 (UTC)
Hmm... I think that'd be fine since it's just two characters. Though you are going to have to link us to one of these conversations before it can be done.
Unfortunately, this was via PMing on YouTube with a person who verified that s/he obtained a copy of the DVD by uploading a clip from an episode that has not been uploaded by Funimation previously. So unless there's a special method, I wouldn't be able to link you in any way I can think of. Immblueversion 18:33, October 20, 2011 (UTC)
Would it at least be possible to link me to this person's youtube account so I can see the video? If so that should be enough for the change to be enacted. It's not that I think you are lying or anything, it's just it's always best to have at least some proof.
Here is the account of the user in question. You should find that the video is the only one the video has uploaded. If you were to also read the list of comments, you may find a comment posted by myself inquiring for some pieces of information via personal messaging. I use the same name for my YouTube account as I do here. Immblueversion 00:02, October 21, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks, looks good enough to me, you may proceed with the changes. But please note that if they are incorrect
I'll hunt you down and kill you i'll be upset ^_^.
Minor cast announcement
Also, apparently there will be another cast reveal for those who are Elite Subscribers of Funimation. I am not one of those people, though. So if anyone else here were, could you please put them up once the reveal is made? I don't know how it will go down. Immblueversion 02:38, November 22, 2011 (UTC)
yeah go ahead.02:49, November 22, 2011 (UTC)
Another cast confirmation
You need to be an Elite Subscriber of Funimation to view this site, but I can vouch that it reveals the following cast members:
Brina Palencia as Juvia
David Wald as Gajeel
Justin Cook as Totomaru
More as it develops, if it develops. Immblueversion 01:44, November 24, 2011 (UTC)
I know that this is reviving a topic about a month ago, but were the changes reverted back? or are we being "dub friendly" (since the dub is being released. And anyway, why is Ikaruga on the front page anyway?. Shes been there for like 3 Episodes or 7 chapters (I guess), and wasn't the main antagonist of their arc either, in this case we would have Jellal, but he's been "gone" for who knows how long and is in a sense a protagonist since the Oracion Seis Arc.
Iqwertyier 09:35, November 24, 2011 (UTC)
Ikaruga is there to keep the female to male ratio as close as possible12:49, November 24, 2011 (UTC)
Angel is a better choice than Ikagura, in my opinion. Umnei 13:43, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
New name spellings (Volume 16)
|This discussion is closed. The result of this discussion is:|
|Some will change|
|Please do not edit this discussion.|
I obtained the latest volume of Fairy Tail translated by Kondansha, and I noticed the following name changes (note that I don't have many of the other volumes, so I'm unaware if some of the changes may be legitimate; also, I'll check if I missed any):
- Charle is Carla
- Erigor is Eragor (may be a typo)
- Gatou is Gatô
- Iwan Dreyar is Ivan Dreyar
- Porlyusica is Poluchka
- Thunder God Tribe is Raijin Tribe
Also, I wanted to bring this up before, but where did the name Shitou Yajima come from? Reading over the raw manga scans of every volume and chapter his name is mentioned, he is only ever referred to as "Yajima." I have read the fan-translated chapter where his name is first mentioned, and it is spelled "Shitou." However, in the raw version of that chapter, it is spelled "Yajima." I was wondering if he underwent a name change from the magazine-printed chapter to the tankobon volume. (I must also note that the fan-translation of the same chapter listed Michello's name as "Makalov," which may or may not have been a confusion with "Makarov.") If I can find the chapter in question, I'll post it later, for I do not have time at the moment. Immblueversion 20:19, December 2, 2011 (UTC)
Erigor. Iwan and Thunder God Tribe have come from previous volumes, so I'm not sure if making any of thse changes would be the best idea. Plus, volume 16 was supposed to come out the 8th so how did you get it before the release date?20:25, December 2, 2011 (UTC)
- November 8 is when it came out. Today is December 2, the day I got it. Also, this is Kodansha that released it. But still... Immblueversion 23:57, December 2, 2011 (UTC)
most of these are just tings that are reverted back to fan translations... im a bit confused as well. I know the distributors are different now, but how did the names change. talk 00:02, December 3, 2011 (UTC)
- So does this mean they won't be changed? At least the ones whose names have already been revealed? Because it's Kodansha that's translating the manga, plus it's releasing them in both Japan and North America. But I suppose I'd need a source saying they've received "official" translations from Hiro Mashima, because the volume doesn't contain that statement like the earlier volumes do, even when re-released by Kodansha. Though I do recall in Volume 1 where the translator states that when Happy calls himself the "Nekomander," s/he translated it as such, considering calling it "Kittymander" but then deciding "Nekomander" sounded better. While the Kodansha-released volume contains that very statement, it actually translates the name to "Kittymander." I've been wondering what you'd make of that. Immblueversion 15:26, December 4, 2011 (UTC)
I won't say that they won't be changed, but at the moment we are going to leave them alone (except for Gatou).
This is my current take on what to do:
- Charle will be changed to Carla, as the previous one is fan translation, and a special note from volume 27 if I'm reading this correctly.
- Gatou will be Gatô, considering how Zatou changed to Zatô.
- Porluchka, Ivan, and Thunder God Tribe will be under further discussion, as with Vijeeter/Visitor.
- Erigor will remain as Erigor.
- Handle it with my bot in a second
- Finished yesterday
- Sounds good to me
How Do i make the little windows with the shiti guilds and vote thing disappear, i cant read an article normally because of those things, please help me in dont know where to ask somewhere else!!--Masterq 22:41, March 1, 2012 (UTC)
they were removed a while ago...22:45, March 1, 2012 (UTC)
i mean how to shut them off for good, isnt there a button for closing them? u should create a task bar on the bottom of the screen to put them there so anyone who wants to see them can access them and who doesnt to live them there--Masterq 23:44, March 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Lol, we only have limited access to the things we can do. What you're asking us to do is far beyond the abilities of any editor. Though the reason the ads are getting in the way of you viewing the articles is because your screen resolution is low or your internet browser is zoomed in way too close. Though, since one of our main concerns is the readers being happy, I've removed the ads for now. Though I'll be working on a show/hide option so that users can turn them off and on.
- Sorry if i bothered u, and yes indeed my screen resolution is only 1024x768
And thanks for everything --Masterq 18:36, March 2, 2012 (UTC)
Volume 18 translations
Considering Kodansha's release of Volume 18 has been out for almost a month, I think it's high time someone brought up some new name translations:
- The name of Cobra's partner Kinana's snake form is spelled as "Cubellios", not "Cuberos".
- At the end of the volume is a preview of the volume 19 release which, unlike the previous volumes, is actually translated in English, and it spells Roubaul's name as Robaul.
Also, on another note, this may seem pretty obscure, but the character Bozo's name never was "Bozo" to begin with. Someone apparently spelled his Japanese name as ボゾ (Bozo), but a look at the anime credits (around episode 21 or 22) shows it's actually ボーズ (Bōzu), which the Funimation translation spells as "Bozu".
I hope these will be taken into consideration. Immblueversion 19:29, April 4, 2012 (UTC)
I also bought Volume 18, and Angel, Leo and Lucy call said Ares instead of Aries. is that notable?
|This discussion is closed. The result of this discussion is:|
|Please do not edit this discussion.|
i think we should add a portal on the main page for the guilds that play major parts in fairy tail's plot. it should include fairy tail, sabertooth, lamia scale, blue peagsus, quatro cerberus, mermaid heel, raven tail, phantom lord, Crime Sorcière, Oración Seis, Grimoire Heart, and Fairy Tail (Edolas). DalekSupreme13 08:10, June 14, 2012 (UTC)
Neutral - I don't really think that it would look great if we add another portal. Though maybe the Dragons of Design can think of a way to make it work? xD 08:29,6/14/2012
How do i contact them?DalekSupreme13 09:04, June 14, 2012 (UTC)
Actually, we're going to hold off on this for a while. I plan on having the Dragons of Design POSSIBLY redesign the Main Page. And when we do the redesign we'll add in a guild portal but a guild portal wouldn't look good with the current design. ✦Rai✦15:05,6/14/2012
Erza Profile Pic on Start Site
|This discussion is closed. The result of this discussion is:|
|Picture would not change.|
|Please do not edit this discussion.|
What's about a new Erza Profile Pic on the Site ? Lucy already has a X791 Pic.
Think about it :)
MavisV. 13:24, June 14, 2012 (UTC)
- We've already had a discussion about this and chose not to use the pic. ✦Rai✦15:06,6/14/2012
Official Volume 19 translations
Kodansha has released Volume 19 in English, and the following names have been given new spellings:
Manga title on Main Page
Ehh.. Anyone noticed that manga title is still form chapter 289 while summary is form 290?
I'm writing my complain here because I can't fix it myself... Veldirn 11:20, July 07, 2012 (UTC)