|Skip to Table of Contents|
This is the talk page for the article "Magic".
I wanted to know id everyone agreed to keep this article or not, because if we will i was gonna put more content into it Umibouzu 19:07, 23 May 2009 (UTC)
i think we should keep it, its an index for all magics if you are new in FT and you want to know all the magics that were revelead at the moment this will be be really helpfull.. User:Gray_CS
Where was it mentioned that that Makarov's Fairy Law was a Lost Magic? All I recall it being called was a legendary spell or super-magic by Erza. Also, shouldn't we list the Dragon Slayers under Lost Magic since Dragon Slayer magic has been called that in the past? Dalyup! 16:52, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
Where was the term Holder Magic ever used? All I've heard was "Ex-Quip" or "Equip Magic." And who ever used this type of magic for Stellar Spirit keys? - Baithin
Holder Magic is magical classification, like special ability magic, but it means someone who uses items for attacks, so SS and ex-quip would be under them-Umi
Speed Based Magic
this magic needs to be added to added as racer and Jet both have magic based on speed
Alright, it should be added, but it was explained that Racer doesn't truly use speed-based magic. Instead, he seems to use a form of time magic, like Urtear, by slowing down the time of everyone around him to make himself appear faster. - Baithin
Did it in 2 different categories. Tibalt
Shouldn't the major types of magic here have their own pages, so it seems more organized?Zicoihno 20:02, November 5, 2010 (UTC)
Some of the have. :D NatsuForever 14:19, December 9, 2010 (UTC)
what about high-level spells like moon drip and uranometria?
Is it necesary to make a link to the "Drain" page is it is included in the page of "Air magic"?Tibalt 19:09, January 20, 2011 (UTC)
Alright, I deleted the section Ultimate Magic without first discussing it, and even though none of you said anything I thought I should open up a discussion just in case. In the section itself it said it wasn't official so I didn't think that it belonged on the official magic page, and I moved the Ultimate Magics up to the Caster or Holder section. If there is any defense for it being readded then please speak up. I am also deleting the Forbidden Magic section since it really isn't a type of Magic, but the particular Magic's status, and I will just put (forbidden) on those magics. If there is any objection to this please speak up.02:51, April 6, 2011 (UTC)
Does anyone else think it should be mentioned that the "magic seals" shown in the anime don't exist in the manga?126.96.36.199 23:05, April 10, 2011 (UTC)
Yeah, I'll place it.23:07, April 10, 2011 (UTC)
Change Writing Magic from Holder to Caster
I just have seen that all sort of "Writing Magic" like Yami no Ecriture, Solid Script and Oriental Solid Script are categorised as Holder Magic.
But the manga and anime shows that this is not correct. It is true that Freed uses his sword and Levi her magic pen to use their magic, but both were shown to use magic without any tools.
For example: For Freed during his fight with Mirajane, his sword was destroyed and he used his hand! to continue using his spells.
In Levis case she used her hands! to do Solid Script in her fight together with Gazeel against Gilmore Heart Yomazu and Kawazu.
It seems that their tools enhance their abilities but in my opinion their magic (which includes Yomazu´s because of the similarity to Levi´s) should be catagorised as Caster Magic.
What is your opinion?
That is true, I'll go review those fights really quickly to make sure that it is as you say and if it is, i'll move Freed's and Levy's over, but Yomazu's will have to stay until adequate proof is given. Also on a side note, please sign your posts with 4 ~~~~ instead of just righting your name, thanks.
Thanks! Cross111 21:23, May 7, 2011 (UTC)
Ok everyone i've made the appropriate changes, if anyone has any real evidence against them then speak up now.
Guns Magic is missing from the Holder Magic section 03:32, May 8, 2011 (UTC)
I'll add it now, thanks.
Sword Magic is also missing from the Holder Magic section 12:22, May 8, 2011 (UTC)
I'll add it.
There are some things I would propose:
- The categorised magics: "Ice Blade: Seven Slice Dance" is not a magic on its own, just a form of Ice Make and "Purple Flare" (from Makao) is not a magic on its own either. It is just fire with a purple colour; the different properties which is written about in the description is an ability of the fire magic user, but not the magic itself. (Natsu did the same with his Fire Dragon Slayer magic). I would propose to delete them in the category and integrate them in the categories Ice Make and Fire Magic.
- Picto magic cannot be an Caster magic, because it was only seen to be used with the drawing tools. (paintbrush + colour chart). Here I would advise to include it in list of Holder magics.
- Maguilty Sodom is categorised as an Caster magic, but not as an Lost magic. All the members of the Seven Kin of Purgatory use, as stated by Hades, Lost magic, so Maguilty Sodom should be categorised as one too.
I hope I could help a little bit and that I am not a nuisance! ;-)
Cross111 17:46, May 8, 2011 (UTC)
1. Ice Blade Seven Slice will stay as it's own Magic, since even thought it is likely Ice Make it was never said to be like the other Ice Makes.
2. Purple Flare is it's own type of Magic. It is just a variation of Fire Magic.
3. Picto Magic will be moved to Holder.
4. Maguilty Sodom was never stated to be Lost Magic. While we do know that all of the Kin utilize Lost Magic, we were never told that all of their Magic was Lost Magic.
Don't worry, you are not a nuisance.
Enchantment is missing from the Caster Magic Section 20:32, May 8, 2011 (UTC)
Guitar Magic from the Holder Magic section 20:32, May 8, 2011 (UTC)
Also Human Possession is listed as Caster Magic when in its page it says it is Holder so which is it? I think it is Holder 20:35, May 8, 2011 (UTC)
Chain Magic is missing from caster magic 20:41, May 8, 2011 (UTC)
I don't know if Dragon Force should be listed but since it has its own page I guess it should. 20:44, May 8, 2011 (UTC)
Those will all be added as soon as I have the time.
Also Urumi 22:13, May 13, 2011 (UTC)
I plan on adding all of these missing Magic's in about 3 hours.
About the FT chapter 233, there is on page 8 the scene where Bluenote tries to extract the Fairy Glitter magic from Cana. It was not named by him, but we should probably make an own page for this "Magic Extraction Magic" (or whatever we name it ... :-P) and include it in the Caster category.
Wish you a nice afternoon!
Cross111 16:16, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
Hey since every type of Dragon Slayer is listed here i was thinking of making pages for each style of Dragon Slayer, so that the Dragon Slayer page only has a small summary of each style but not the moves and the moves are listed in their own styles's page. Something like:
- Main article: Fire Dragon Slayer
The fire dragon slayer is...
I want an administrator to give me permission to do it or not. I got to leave soon so if i don't respond is because I'm not here
22:25, May 13, 2011 (UTC)
That'd be fine, I was thinking the same thing myself. It can be set up like the Requip page.
|This discussion is closed.|
|Please do not edit this discussion.|
What are you talking about? YOU are the one that created them! (except for Lost Magic)04:53, December 19, 2011 (UTC)
Alright, no new votes so they'll be gone in in exactly 12 hours.
There's the japanese names for Caster and Holder magic. But in which chapters (or Q&A?) are they named? --188.8.131.52 11:15, August 21, 2012 (UTC)
A new classification, Ancient Spell
So from reading the extras of Volume 34, I stumbled onto something interesting, the definition of Ancient spell. If you remember, it was first mentioned in Chapter 286 by Mavis, when Rufus used his magic. From the extra, it mentioned that magics such as Lost Magic, Nirvana, Memory Make, and Zeref's Magic, are all part of Ancient Spell (古代魔法 エンシェントスペル Enshento Superu). And just like its name, Ancient Spells are magic from the ancient time. Therefore, I propose a new classification of the term "Ancient Spell" to our current listings. ChaosKnight 03:01, August 30, 2012 (UTC)
Mashima-san likes making life hard for us. >_> ✦Rai✦20:41,8/30/2012
So basically, it's like this.
- Ancient Spell
- Lost Magic
- Dragon Slayer
- Arc Of Time
- Great Tree Arc
- Zeref's Magic
- Memory Make
- Lost Magic
I think ancient spell should be changed to ancient magic. if its ancient spell then it will be fuckin confusing since spell is only one technique and ancient magic is the magic as a whole like black arts,lost magic,and memory make. Also, memory make shouldnt be considered an ancient magic since karma of the burning land was the only SPELL that rufus used that was ancient but overall it is a caster molding magic. -- Troll King 16:31, November 1, 2012 (UTC)
Actually, when Mavis saying it is an ancient spell on the manga, it was before the spell karma of the burning spell even being casted. So, mavis refers the ancient spell to the memory-make not the spell itself. Messithemesser (talk) 16:37, November 1, 2012 (UTC)
Support -I agree with Hungry's opinion on changing it to Ancient Magic. But I think that Memory-Make should stay under that category. 16:53, November 1, 2012 (UTC)
Oppose - Again, re-read the last topic I posted on this page. Ancient Spell is not a translated from Japanese kanji to English, but from the pronunciation of Katakana that Mashima had provided. I have also stated that they made a full explanation of what Ancient spell is in the Q&A of Volume 34. And the Q&A said that Memory-Make is an ancient spell like Zeref's magic, all the Lost magic, and Nirvana. ChaosKnight 17:19, November 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Its really fuckin stupid and confusing. If its ancient spell then that means natsus magic isnt actually a magic its just a series of ancient spells. lost magic is a magic, not a spell or a series of spells. its ridiculous.-- Troll King 17:22, November 1, 2012 (UTC)
- I know it is, but that's how Mashima wants it, and that's what we will follow. ChaosKnight 17:26, November 1, 2012 (UTC)
- I refuse to call it ancient spell. i will start the AASC(Anti-Ancient Spell Crusade) >:D WE WHO KNOW THE TRUTH SHALL NEVAH CALL IT THAT WHICH IT IS NOT!!!!
-- Troll King 17:33, November 1, 2012 (UTC)
Caster, Holder and Caster-Holder
|This discussion is closed. The result of this discussion is:|
|Changes will be made.|
|Please do not edit this discussion.|
Well, there's two things I'd like to say.
1. There's some magics classified as Holder Magic, but I disagree. Reequip isn't a Holder Magic. As the description says, Holder Magics is Magic that requires a Mage to use an external source to produce the Magic. Erza doesn't need to use an external source to produce the Magic. I mean, she needs the sword to do the Sword Magic, but she doesn't need a key to summon the sword like Lucy needs a key to summon her Spirits.
2. There are other kinds of magics classified as Caster, like Sleep Magic, that can be also considered as Holder Magic is some circumstances. So I think it should be added a category named "Caster-Holder", referring to the magics that can be the both.
Sorry for bad grammar. :)16:10,1/21/2013
- Agree, it will be take care of.
- Sleep Magic isn't holder, Charm is holder, but not Sleep Magic. However, there are some that are classified as both and they should be in both like Plant Magic is
1. Thanks for understanding. I think that similar situations is happening with Human Possession and Paper Magic. Bickslow uses all that "laser" magic with his dolls, but the act of Possessing isn't a Holder Magic, is it? And Kamika uses all that weird stuff with papers, but she summons Paper from nothing, like a Requip. One last thing, please correct me if I'm wrong: Before Leo recovers his powers as Spirit, he used Ring Magic, but why do Regulus is considered a Holder Magic (Ring Magic)? In which chapter it's saying that he needs the ring to cast his spells? If it's not saying in any chapter, wouldn't it be speculation?
2. Mystogan can use Sleep Magic, but he can't perform Caster Magics since he's from Edolas. So, if Sleep Magic isn't Holder, what is it?06:06,1/22/2013
- Yes to Human Possession but Paper Magic is used with a little piece of black paper so it's holder. Though Regulus has never been stated to used with a ring, it has been shown only used with the ring, the same with Pict Magic and some other ones.
- Well, Mystogan has been shown using Ground Shattering Wave
1. But when Leo punched Capricorn, he transferred Regulus to Capricorn, who could use it without the ring (Chapter 224).
2. Yea, but we know that it would be impossible, right? D: I know it's just speculation, but perhaps he wears magic gloves or something like this. Edolas people can't use magic by their own. :/19:47,1/22/2013
- lol gloves, but it's not the only time. He also used Mist Body. What's happening is that in Edolas, people can't use Magic, that doesn't mean that there isn't Magic in their body that can be used Earth Land. This is supported by the fact that Natsu, even though he has Magic in his body, he can't use it in Edolas. Does this make sense?
- I'd like to point out that if the Edolas people had magic in their bodies, the reverse Anima would've taken them to Earth Land as it did the Exceeds. 20:09, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
So... Everything's ok now?20:53,1/22/2013
About some Magic
How come those spells like Fairy Law, Fairy Glitter or Self Destruction (Basically all of the spells under uncatergorized except maybe Magic Sword,Changeling, Moon Drip or Abyss Break) is not in Caster Section? Isn't it the meaning of Caster Magics is Casting spells without the use of items?
Also, The Nullification Magic, It is shown that Byro Cracy was able to use it without using a weapon (bare hands) but it is just under Holder Type? 184.108.40.206 14:59, February 1, 2013 (UTC)
I have never understood all that uncategorized thing too. I agree with you. ;) About Nullification Magic, I don't watch filler animes, so I can't say a thing.18:57,2/1/2013
They aren't in Caster Magic section because they're Spells, not Magics. And there are Magics that were shown to be dual Caster-Holder type, so we just choose the most suitable category to put them under.19:58,2/1/2013
- Alright Fair enough then. What about The magic Giant? Even though the page says it is a "Transformation" spell, but that magic manage to get into Caster type section itself.
220.127.116.11 02:52, February 2, 2013 (UTC)
Change Slot Magic to holder?
I notice that Slot Magic is listed here as a Caster type magic but on its page it is described as a holder type. I'm inclined to believe that it is a holder type but I could be mistaken. Either way, one of these pages is mistaken and should be changed.
Make an article of Eye Magic?
How long will there an article about Eye Magic because it's kinda taking too long? There are Heavenly Eyes, and Stone Eyes which were part from Eye Magic. Will you do it now pls. Thank you.--AtlasFlame206 (talk) 08:39, August 9, 2013 (UTC)
Magic or Spell
Hello, I am quite late since this wiki was first created, I was wondering how you guys distinquish between a Magic and a Spell? Like I see some unnamed Magic (or we named it ourselves) have a named Spell. I'm going to use Fukuro's Absorption Magic. Fukuro's magic is unnamed while his spell; Capture was given a name. How come Capture is not then name of the Magic that Fukuro uses? So instead of having a similar page (Absorption Curse), that little paragraph in their page wouldn't be needed anymore as they'd have a different name.
Similarly, Franmalth's Curse, How come Connection or Revolution be the actual name of the Curse he uses?14:17, July 20, 2015 (UTC)
I think it's safe to say that magic enhances durability and strength in mages. Sword strikes that would slice a regular human in half seem to just hit or push away opponents. Natsu and Erza as well as other mages are capable of lifting several times their own weight easily. Can I add this to the usage section or does it need to be confirmed?05:52, July 22, 2015 (UTC)
it would really just be speculation, we cant know whether its the magic itself thats increasing their strength/durability, or just years of training and almost building up a sort of tolerance to it if that makes sense21:05,9/15/2015
can we put water magic into holder magic as well as caster, aquarius, eclipse aquarius and the 'son' of pisces all use something to cast their magic the urns or trident thing19:32,9/16/2015
Water magic is indeed in both Holder and Caster type I am fairly sure!10:51, May 4, 2018 (UTC)
Are magics without official names posted here, if so, Season Creation Magic is missing.
Season Creation? Is that from any official source or fanfiction? Because I sure don't remember anything that would resemble this in any official material. If I'm wrong, please point me in the right direction.
As for the rules: If it's in a Hiro Mashima drawn manga or the anime series, it will be added. Stuff from the spinn-off manga (Trail of Ice, Blue Mistral, Fairy Girls, ect.) aren't added to the articles to my knowledge. And with things from the movies... I'm not sure. There were rules to keep movie stuff segregated into their own articles, but I don't know if this is still the case. NoNickNeeded (talk) 06:11, May 5, 2018 (UTC)
I have checked the wiki and it appears that Season Creation Magic is a spin-off magic from Tale of Fairy Tail: Ice Trail and it was decided by this wiki that it will only be listed in the spin-off page and not have a page created for it. 06:52, May 5, 2018 (UTC)
this has been shown as a type of magic which is formless, Something that was not mentioned before and that should be added to the overview or the Magic Power section for it's own variation, adding more to the page that is from the manga in the Edolas Arc.--CNBA3 (talk) 20:40, September 26, 2019 (UTC)
I get what you're saying but after checking the references it appears that they are just saying the the fairy tail members were turned into magic energy and transformed into a lacrima, as in the same magic energy used by mages or magical items, it not a literal new form of magic energy different from magic used all over the fairy tail univesere, and the quotation mark on the word pure energy was just added to highlight that fact that the living fairy tail characters were turned into inanimate magic energy and also into a solidified magic energy called lacrima.
The way i see it the term pure magic just a word to describe that the people turned into magic energy and that's it, they never said pure magic was a different form of magic used by the wizards and magical objects. So pure magic is just magic energy that has no element or unused like a basic and formless energy in the real word but in this case the energy is magic.
To be fair im mainly using the fan translation from manga rock so for the sake of accuracy i think it would be best to check the official japanese raws since its likely the quotation marks never existed in the japanese translation and the whole thing was just wendy describing what happened to their friends and that's it as seen in the rest of the chapters and episode that after becoming lacrima everyone went back to normal and the arc ended. What do you think?22:55, September 27, 2019 (UTC)
Oh, I did use the official translation for the reference, and mangarock is using the official translation. And I get what you means, so pure magic would just be regular magic power then? But then I guess we should add how Mystogan added how magic is basically part of nature when how the magic from Edolas would just be added and assimilated to Earthland and become a part of nature.--CNBA3 (talk) 00:02, September 28, 2019 (UTC)
I believe so coz i remember when anima was reversed, magic energy were being sucked out of the floating islands and all over edolas aside from the exceeds and mages, and it assimilating to earthland make sense since magic naturally exist in earthland.00:19, September 28, 2019 (UTC)