|Skip to Table of Contents|
This is the talk page for the article "Macbeth".
We know that Brain is not Midnights father, but:
Here he mentions some Rokuma-guy, so he does not mean Brain with "stronger than father".
Maybe he meant stronger then his father (Brain) AND this Rokuma-guy...Ishthak 14:14, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
Most of the english readers probably doesn't know that the kanji for Oración Seis is actually '六魔将軍', and the '六魔' part, if pronounced in japanese, is 'Rokuma'. So that line is probably mistranslated scans. From what I can interpret from the raw, that part should be 'I'm suppose to be the strongest...surpassing even my Father, The strongest... Rokuma', which would mean that he's the strongest of the Oración Seis. ChaosKnight 15:54, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
Well I did post this on the Ultear discution but no one replied so im saying it here how come in the manga Ultear wears the same choker as Midnight? because I have looked at a couple of pic (except colored) and it looks pretty mutch the same or is it just because its in black and white please answer this time.
me from a long time ago
It is an interesting observation, but we're just as clueless as you are on whether or not any connections exist. Horologium4 00:03, February 6, 2011 (UTC)
Fairy Tail manga, Volume 19 Q&A.
how do you get that?
Fairy Tail manga, Volume 19 Q&A.
You have to buy the volume and the Q&A is in the volume, but the talk pages are for discussing changes to the articles, things like these are better suited for forums or blogs.20:30, March 17, 2011 (UTC)
Midnight a Female?
According to the TV Tropes page Midnight is actually a female, is there any truth to this? See: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FairyTail/TropesA-E —This unsigned comment was made by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) .
LOL he is actually male, and the trope actually says that he is a guy that looks like a female, not that he is a female20:25, April 11, 2012 (UTC)
New filler magic?
As you may have seen in the recent episode, Midnight can now use Darkness Magic's Dark Capriccio himself, however, since it can be a Reflector Illusion, I'm asking if is it correct to add it to his Magic Abilities, or to wait. Besides, it was shown in the episode that he can teleport using Reflector, I'm also asking if we should create a page with such spell. --Extorchic (talk) 22:18, July 21, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm just commenting here so someone can see your post. I don't watch the anime so I can't be of help here. ✦Rai✦22:20,7/21/2012
|This discussion is closed.|
|Please do not edit this discussion.|
Ok, Midnight now wants to be referred as Brain II, but I'm sure that no one will call him that except for maybe the rest of the RO6. Anyway, which name for the article do you guys want to have, Midnight or Brain II? neither Midnight nor Brain II are his real name so technically both of them are correct. Also, what name should other articles use to refer to him (for example, should the Reborn Oración Seis page have him as Midnight or Brain II)? I want to keep it as Midnight as the article name and use it in other articles too. 23:12, July 21, 2012 (UTC)
- Midnight. He's always been called Midnight and it's just the anime fillers that are now referring to him as Brain II. If we change Midnight, that'd (most likely) mean we'd have to change Erigor to Grim Reaper. Brain II can be mentioned as a new epithet or alias in Midnight's article because personally, that's what it really is. Also, he only said that he should be called Brain II, not that his name is now Brain II. I think there's a difference there, if you ask me.
Midnight! We should never alter canon material for anime crap. Brain II should be an epithet, nothing else. ✦Rai✦23:24,7/21/2012
Are we really discussing this? Of course Midnight stays. Just make Brain II's links redirect here, like Zalty redirects to Ultear.23:31,7/21/2012
- But it was a manga/official epithet. His new epithet likely also came from Mashima, but since it was for an anime crappy filler, it's less important. ✦Rai✦23:40,7/21/2012
*Walks by*Sure...03:10, July 22, 2012 (UTC)
Of course it'd be Midnight :) We can just put Brain II in his nicknames box. Brain II sounds gay anyways...
10:15, July 22, 2012 (UTC)
- Well he seems pretty gay now anyways... Midnight it is xD 10:19, July 22, 2012 (UTC)
- You have a point there XD Kyahaha 10:21, July 22, 2012 (UTC)
I think we should do the same thing as on the Mystogan's page -> still leave it as a Midnight and only put an annotation at character template. Nobody will call him "Brain II" anyway -> he will stay in peoples minds as a "Midnight".13:54, July 22, 2012 (UTC)
- Plus, chances are that the real Brain is still out there *looks at Cardinal Lapointe*, so calling Midnight Brain as well would just promote confusion. Who knows, if Brain reveals himself everyone will likely go back to calling Midnight by his original code name. Also, the archbishop keeps saying that "the eternal midnight" is coming; perhaps this is an allusion to Midnight himself?--空の天使楽園の塔 16:42, July 22, 2012 (UTC)
I think Midnight suits best!18:58, July 22, 2012 (UTC)
After it was reveled that Midnight is the one who gave life to Imitatia, and apperently Lapiont, shouldn't the Personification Magic be added to his magic list?
New Quote proposal
|This discussion is closed. The result of this discussion is:|
|Please do not edit this discussion.|
Since his page is currently locked, I guess I'll drop the quote I wanted to add here instead for the time being, complete with correct formating and reference:
- (To himself)"Our paths began in a dark tower. We believed we had been saved by Brain. But that was a false Freedom. Torn from each other, cursing the world, we were nothing more than pawns meant to seal Zero. Now... finally, true freedom lies before us."<ref>Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 367, Page 11</ref>
Though I'm a bit unsure whether the "to himself" is true. While it did have the feeling of an internal monologue, he might have also ment to adress the other OS members or Jellal.
- Actually I just wanted it added to the regular quote-section, but I guess making it the featured quote works too ^^ NoNickNeeded (talk) 17:58, January 17, 2014 (UTC)
Even before the timeskip he was already able to use illusions at will, as his fight against Hoteye showed. It was just that at midnight his illusion powers grew much stronger than the rest of the day. NoNickNeeded (talk) 19:32, February 16, 2014 (UTC)
not really. he only said that to make erza think he was actually transforming into a monster, not just making an illusion.19:49, February 16, 2014 (UTC)
The romaji "Middonaito" for ミッドナイト is incorrect. The ッ is an extension of the vowel sound in ミ (mi), therefore ミッ is "mii" (alternatively written as "mī" in some romaji systems. ミ = mi, ッ = vowel extension (i), ド = do, ナ = na, イ = i, ト = to. Mi-i-do-na-i-to; Miidonaito. 220.127.116.11 04:46, October 21, 2014 (UTC)
You'll have to go bring it up with our Wiki translator or provide us with a photo of an original FT Japanese manga volume you own to get the romaji here changed. We do not change based on personal opinion, fan versions of the Japanese names or other spellings of Midnight in other mangas, and the fact that the romaji here is one that is quite old probably means it is from the raws of the Fairy Tail manga and is correct. But I digress, please just go talk to Chaos.
05:05, October 21, 2014 (UTC)
Actually anon, your explanation is completely wrong. "ッ" is a character used to double the next consonant. Vowel Extension is the character "ー" So the romaji currently on the page is correct. Did Japanese for 6 years.05:41, October 21, 2014 (UTC)
Shinshinto is correct. ミッドナイト = Middonaito; ミードナイト = Miidonaito13:10, October 21, 2014 (UTC)
Hmmm well I'm kinda new to Japanese and the "ッ" vs "ー" has confused me. After reading this, I understand, and "Middonaito" is indeed correct! Sorry 'bout that! 18.104.22.168 03:49, October 23, 2014 (UTC)
Midnight's X791 appearance
Hello, after watching this week's episode of Fairy Tail, Midnight now have a VERY different appearance than the previous X791. Which would should be used? The previous animation team's appearance (Key of Starry Sky Arc) or the current one? Or are you guys including both?13:36, June 20, 2015 (UTC)
hi shouldn't it be mentioned that he was in Fairy Tail Gaiden: Rhodonite?
- Nope. Non canon, only goes on the Rhodonite page--