|Skip to Table of Contents|
This is the talk page for the article "Kagura Mikazuchi".
|This discussion is closed. The result of this discussion is:|
|Will be categorized as abilities.|
|Please do not edit this discussion.|
Soooo, chapter 314 had Kagura sweep the floor with Erza's ass through a pair of techniques associated with her sword: "Strong Form" and "Slashing Form" (in the scanlated version, don't know whether the kanji really read like this), which seemingly change her weapon's effects. Point is: should they be counted as Sword Magic spells or as Swordsmanship Techniques?
--10:04, January 11, 2013 (UTC)
Well I see some similarities to the Ikaruga's Sword Magic and some Erza's attack. Moreover she is wizard after all, so I guess she is not caring this sword only as a simple weapon, but it is a form of holder magic...10:17, January 11, 2013 (UTC)
I always thought Kagura used Sword Magic :P I know this is a fantasy series but I don't see how a sheathed sword can deal damage equivalent to an unsheathed sword without a little magic, it can't JUST be swordsmanship~ That even defies Mashima logic lol.. And yeah like Ishy said, she's a wizard and imo since Archenemy is a weapon, it's like using Holder Magic. Millianna did mention that a cataclysm may be caused if she unsheathed her sword. If it were just swordsmanship, her skills wouldn't alter unless it's Magic :) so TLDR version: yeah I'd include those as spells.20:13, January 11, 2013 (UTC)
I agree that it's Sword Magic, how else would it go through Erza's armors, Adamantine Armor especially?20:15, January 11, 2013 (UTC)
-____- Magic stances? What? Guys, Archenemy is Kagura's Magic. That's how she can cut through all those things, because of her Magic sword/katana/weapon/item/thing. Her stances are just part of her Style of the Undrawn Long Sword 20:21, January 11, 2013 (UTC)
- But isn't her activating different effects - Mighty/Strong w/e, Slash - of her sword a magic spell? Like The Knight is Erza's magic but each of her armors is a spell? Or do we consider them just a different ways of swordmanship? 14:45, January 12, 2013 (UTC)
- In my opinion, no. I think they just have to do with swordsmanship and with the Magic of Archenemy 19:25, January 12, 2013 (UTC)
- If Archenemy's Kagura's Magic, then Kagura's employing Sword Magic while switching between its "forms".
- -- 13:46, January 13, 2013 (UTC)
- So we could label the Forms as 'techniques'? 14:20, January 14, 2013 (UTC)
I don't think we should assume the Forms are Sword Magic's spells. They're just enhanced uses of Archenemy, a Magic Sword able to cut things without being unsheathed. Therefore, Swordsmanship Techniques seems to be the most correct.
P.S.: Mashima should write Databooks like any normal Battle Shounen Mangaka -_-17:05,1/14/2013
Shouldn't we wait for further information before making discussions based on our own opinions of what happened? Otherwise it would be speculative to say she employs Sword Magic before it is stated by Hiro himself. And as for Ald's question, I think they should be considered "Armed Combat", and have the page look similar to this one. Because "Strong Form" and "Slashing Form" seem to be abilities from the parent item Archenemy. :P 03:18, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
- We call this an "On Hold" discussion then? 19:21,1/28/2013
We are likely not to see Kagura battle again for a while. So since most people seem to agree that its just an ability, I think that's what we are gonna go with. If anyone got any valid reason why it shouldn't, then speak up in the next 24 hours 22:21, January 28, 2013 (UTC)
Image in the Appearance section
|This discussion is closed.|
|Please do not edit this discussion.|
Voting time! Which one do you prefer for Kagura's appearance section?15:50, January 12, 2013 (UTC)
I Support - the prop. While the current one is almost perfect for the section, showing her full body, the proposed one does it as well while being from actual anime, thus having a better quality too in my opinion. It also looks good on her page, click to see. 15:50, January 12, 2013 (UTC)
Support - It's indeed very good, since it has Archenemy as well, but on her profile, she has a picture of her from the same episode/segment under the "Personality" section, and that would feel like it's too much. Is it just me?
21:23, January 12, 2013 (UTC)
I just found a raw from 314 chapter and kanji and romaji of Kagura's sword "forms". Could someone who can put it on page ? I don't have access to edit this page..
- "Strong" Form " "剛"の型 ("Gō" no Kata)
- "Slashing" Form "斬"の型 ("Zan" no Kata)
User talk: Mad6
Other Types of Magic?
In the most recent chapter release, the character profile was of Kagura. Under the Magic section it says "Gravity, among others" so does this mean that Kagura uses numerous types of magic? Maybe some have to do with her swordsman abilities? Who knows..—This unsigned comment was made by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) .
- Considering how she was able to cut with a sheathes sword and how her sword attack drew a line of destruction through half the city, it's pretty much asured that she uses some kind of magic with her sword, or that the sword is magical (probably both), but we just don't have any information on it, but unfortunately the guildcard didn't give us one shred of solid new information, beyond her age. NoNickNeeded (talk) 07:54, January 13, 2014 (UTC)
Immense Magic Power?
Should her Magic and Abilities section include immense magic power? She is the ace of her guild and managed to temporarily overpower Erza. And even though this was in the anime only, her exerted magic power was comparable to Erza and Minerva who we know are monsters and was felt all across Crocus back to Domus Flau. 126.96.36.199 06:55, September 5, 2014 (UTC)