|Skip to Table of Contents|
This is the talk page for the article "Juvia and Gray's House".
|This discussion is closed. The result of this discussion is:|
|No changes will be made|
|Please do not edit this discussion.|
Hmmm, isn't this going somewhat overboard? This was simply a temporary residence. Like a rented vacation home. Are we seriously going to make location pages for every unnamed hotel (room) that Team Natsu live in on their missions or something? I mean, I can understand having pages for locations that play an important part in some event or are permanent residences, but this? I even support Mira's original house not having a page (it doesn't, right?), and that is a permanent residence. Somewhat hazy about Sherria and Wendy's House, though I guess that's fine as it's a permanent residence. However, I wish we could just treat the kanji as a description, rename it to Sherria's House, and add it to the unofficially named cat. ._./
Well, my opinion anyway. Could definitely be in the wrong. Let's have a nice little vote (about the deletion of this article, not renaming the other article). /o/ --Sane Lunatic (talk) 08:56, March 7, 2016 (UTC)
- Support - --Sane Lunatic (talk) 08:56, March 7, 2016 (UTC)
- Support - --Goblin King - 3000 B.C., Keeper of Evil Squirrels 13:14, March 7, 2016 (UTC)
- Support -
- Oppose - I'd love a one-year vacation home. Or a vacation home I can stay at by myself for 6 months after my husband checks out early to go buy cigarettes after the first 6 months.
19:33, March 7, 2016 (UTC)
- Oppose - My personal stance on wikis have always been "why not". The page doesn't violate any rules, its referenced, made and linked to other pages. Why delete it? It doesn't require any upkeep and provides the information it needs to provide. How does deleting it benefit the wiki in any way?--
- Oppose -DisneySeggewys (talk) 21:04, March 7, 2016 (UTC)
- Oppose - Sometimes "why not" is not exactly the best approach as it may be used as a precedent to create dumb stuff (all those spell pages, anyone?), I mean, inb4 someone makes a page for the rock that Jellal was sitting on. However, in this case it's cool, imo 21:07, March 7, 2016 (UTC)
- Oppose - cause it was actually mentioned, and some events happened there 03:32, March 8, 2016 (UTC)
- Oppose - Yeah, spell pages should be the precedent for spell pages... Not necessarily locations, or any other type of page at all. Case-by-case, like others have said, is probably best in the case of locations. #originality
03:47, March 8, 2016 (UTC)
- Oppose - Eehh, I got nothing ground-breaking to add, really. I agree with most of what you other opposers have said though.
@DM: Actually, we don't really give a location a page due to a simple appearance, just like we don't give a character a page due to a simple appearance. And significance also doesn't really play a part in it. *looks at Melon Residence and Ur's House*. However, giving a page for every location making a brief appearance in the manga could definitely be extremely tedious, so would like to have a clear line drawn somewhere. Would be nice if this discussion/vote gave us some idea about the criteria for giving a location a page. ._./ --Sane Lunatic (talk) 09:27, March 7, 2016 (UTC)
Like God said, deleting this won't benefit the wiki. We had a deletion frenzy to lessen the congestion a while back, but this article, which is referenced and linked around, will only cause more harm than good to delete.19:41, March 7, 2016 (UTC)
I don't think it's possible to draw the line you want. Case by case approach, really.21:07, March 7, 2016 (UTC)
- Deleted votes