|Skip to Table of Contents|
This is the talk page for the article "Bakel".
What exactly is his name? Is it Bakyll, Bakel or Baqel?15:11, October 10, 2015 (UTC)
We can start a name vote but I don't see the need. I like Bakel. It's simple and phonetic, and it makes sense. -kyll sounds like kill. -qel is okay-ish, as q by itself makes the k sound, but then why not use the letter k? -quel makes the typical q sound ("kwuh" because of the qu together), so I don't like it very much.
15:16, October 10, 2015 (UTC)
I dig Baquel
15:19, October 10, 2015 (UTC)
Oi vay XD To be honest, seeing as how he, Kareem and Ajeel seem to have *ahem* Arabic themes about their design and names, Baqel would make more sense to me than Bakel, but as you say Wrath; phonetically they sound identical so it may not need changed?15:20, October 10, 2015 (UTC)
Also Baqel with a "q" looks like the word bagel. :'D
15:22, October 10, 2015 (UTC)
|This discussion is closed. The result of this discussion is:|
|No changes will be made.|
|Please do not edit this discussion.|
Just for the formality..
- Support - I can't be the only person who thinks "Bakel" looks like really bad Engrish. This is the best option by far. Bakyll looks ridiculous and I second Wrath's assertion that Baqel looks like Bagel. >_> 20:47,10/10/2015
- Support - I agree with Rai's point on the broken english. Plus, the que in Baquel can still be read as Ba-kell, like how we have Warrod Sequen. 21:17, October 10, 2015 (UTC)
- Support - Actually, now that I think about it, I prefer this one.
- Support - the one right below this option looks weird without the q. 05:40, October 11, 2015 (UTC)
- Support - Bagel not winning, and for some reason I like the q being in his name 01:01,10/13/2015
- Support - Yesssss
13:03, October 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Support - Giving up to peer pressure and joining the bandwagon 15:03, October 13, 2015 (UTC)
Support - cool with this or Bakel, Natsu is gonna own his ass anyway lol 16:07,10/10/2015 Support - Bagel ftw ( *^*)/ 16:12, October 10, 2015 (UTC)
- Support - I don't see the need to be fancy with a tertiary character. >_>
16:13, October 10, 2015 (UTC)
- Support - Best option on the list.
- Support - Still the same thing. 18:59,10/10/2015
- Support - Bagel or bake? Was hard. ;s
- Support - -- The Talk Goblin 14:58, October 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Support - All the other options are dumb.--
- Support - To make your formality amusing for myself... 08:03, October 14, 2015 (UTC)
I personally think his name means Baker or Bakir because with the Arabic theme of the Ajeel squad(and his associate Kareem having an arabic name) I think his name might be Baker or Bakir which is an Arabic name unlike Bakel. Also both Bakir and Kareem are one The 99 holy names of Allah. Lastly according to the trivia his name was originally written in Japanese as Bakeru (バケル),Citadel2 (talk) 00:34, August 14, 2019 (UTC)JadeKade
Keep in mind the voting was made in 2015 so new infos about his name was not revealed yet but his name is actually what it is according to the reference it was confirm in the official Fairy Tail Volume 53 Translation Notes and that's it, anything added more than that would be speculation.00:48, August 14, 2019 (UTC)