In Earth Land, Magical Vehicles are solely available for a Mage's use, and are powered by an SE-plug (Self-Energy plug) (ＳＥプラグ Esu-Ī Puragu), which is a small, special device that powers Magical Vehicles in Earth Land. It is a mechanism that wraps around the user's wrist, converting their Magic Power into fuel. Should the user require the vehicle in question to go faster, more Magic Power will be consumed.
In Edolas, Magical Vehicles lack SE-plugs altogether, and were instead powered by Lacrima (before Edolas was drained of all its Magic), which was converted into fuel. This method of fueling was stated to have been superior than that available to Earth Land Mages.
- Magic Four Wheel Vehicle (魔導四輪 Madō Yonrin): A quick form of transportation that is significantly faster than a horse-drawn carriage. Its appearance and method of functionality differs significantly between Earth Land and Edolas. Eclipse Aries is seen using it.
- Magic Motorcycle (魔導二輪 Madō Nirin): A type of transportation that Racer utilizes in conjunction with his Vehicle Magic. Gray Fullbuster was also shown to be able to mold one out of ice.
- Magic Boat: A boat that allows quicker transportation across bodies of water.
- Cruiser Battleship (型巡注艦 Kata-jun Chū-kan): A specific type of airships, resembling the design of a regular seaship, able to float in the air and is armed with different weapons and cannons. Prominent examples of these airships include Blue Pegasus's infamous Magic Bomber: Christina and the Alvarez Empire's aerial fleets.
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 13, Page 6
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 197, Pages 12-20
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 174, Page 3
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 12, Pages 13-14
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 139, Page 7
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 184, Page 19
- ↑ Fairy Tail Anime: Episode 34
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 453, Page 19
- ↑ Fairy Tail Manga: Chapter 454, Pages 2-3