FANDOM


Forums: Index → Improvements and Issues →  New Power for P&S CouncilForum_Icon.pngPost


Okay, so I recently talked to staff and they said that it was possible and that they'd be willing to tweak our rollback users abilities (also known as the Policy & Standards Council) so that they'd be able to lock pages that are protected under the "Administrators only" lock feature. The staff member that responded to my inquiry requested that I talk to the community about the change and so I opened up this forum so that everyone could give their opinion about the proposed change. I personally believe that we should allow our councilors to edit locked pages. Because when I, or any other admin for that matter, lock a page, I generally am not trying to make it editable only to admins, I'm trying to prevent inexperienced users who aren't necessarily "new" users from editing a page.   Rai  Talk     02:17,11/21/2012

I personally think that if there is one more level added, stating that "Only rollbacks and above can edit", it would be better because there are some things better left off for Admins only. Otherwise, having rollback users able to edit locked pages is a splendid idea. ChaosKnight 02:29, November 21, 2012 (UTC)

I asked for that and he didn't tell me that was an option. He only said modifying our current usergroups was an option.   Rai  Talk     02:42,11/21/2012

Support Support - I could list a bunch of positive reasons towards this change and can't seem to find any negatives. Plus, it'll mean we don't have to annoy the admins to unlock and then relock a page when we want to edit it... because generally speaking and from what I've seen the P&S are usually the ones trying to edit these locked pages and being unable to. Lalalala :P As for what Chaos said, that's cool... but is it doable? Meh, idc either way XD
☆°・*CarrotSays...*・°☆ 02:31, November 21, 2012 (UTC)

No, from what I can tell, it's not. :P   Rai  Talk     02:42,11/21/2012

Support Hell yeah - I agree with both Rai and Chaos. Poor lil old Carry wasted a big portion of her time fixing bad edits done by the users who ignore the policy. So I give my full support to this new suggestion. And I, as a rollback user, do understand and wish to see this new power in action myself.Chibi StingMega Chibi Cobra 02:35, November 21, 2012 (UTC)

Tell me what I did wrong?!   Rai  Talk     02:42,11/21/2012
Wut you talking 'bout :/?Chibi StingMega Chibi Cobra 02:52, November 21, 2012 (UTC)
I want to know why you're mad at me. >_>   Rai  Talk     02:59,11/21/2012
Why would I be mad at you D:? And, why does this look like this o_O?Chibi StingMega Chibi Cobra 03:06, November 21, 2012 (UTC)
-__-You are the most aggravating son ever. And idk, it's been like that ever since a retard screwed up the coding. :P   Rai  Talk     03:10,11/21/2012

Support Support -Of course. Our rollback users are our must trusted editors and I'm pretty sure there would be no problem in allowing them to edit admin-only pages. Wait, does it also mean that they can lock pages? or just edit them? Either way, I support RelikzBickslow Doll3Talk 04:24, November 21, 2012 (UTC)

They would not be able to lock pages. Only edit those which are locked for admins only.
Éclair MovieUltraprime2Let's talkChibi Mystogan 06:27, November 21, 2012 (UTC)

Support Support - Good idea. If a user is a P&S member, it means he/she has the trust of the admins and the community, so I don't think that they gonna use this "power" to do bad. Chibi Natsu Natsumi Talk!Lucy 12th openinh 15:04,11/21/2012

Support Support - I like your idea, but don't protect too many pages just because PS councilors can edit locked pages, you know some regular editors are also good users too. RifatmfaridNatsu and HappyTalk 16:08, November 21, 2012 (UTC)

Support Fully Support -, or should I say 80% of me supports. The other 20% thinks that when users see errors in those pages, it will be kinda complicated to have them fixed(inform a P&S member and try to explain where the errors are). Other than that, it's a very nice suggestion! FairyRavenMest17:42,11/21/2012

Most locked pages are just templates. Main pages that are fully protected are usually for just a few days RelikzBickslow Doll3Talk 18:21, November 21, 2012 (UTC)
Oh, okay then, I am fully convinced now. Thanks for the clarification FairyRavenMest19:11,11/21/2012

Support Support - Agree with Rai that locking is mainly for the inexpierenced, which PS members obviously arent talk  Garyness  Nov 22, 2012, 17:29 (UTC)

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.