Okay, so I recently talked to staff and they said that it was possible and that they'd be willing to tweak our rollback users abilities (also known as the Policy & Standards Council) so that they'd be able to lock pages that are protected under the "Administrators only" lock feature. The staff member that responded to my inquiry requested that I talk to the community about the change and so I opened up this forum so that everyone could give their opinion about the proposed change. I personally believe that we should allow our councilors to edit locked pages. Because when I, or any other admin for that matter, lock a page, I generally am not trying to make it editable only to admins, I'm trying to prevent inexperienced users who aren't necessarily "new" users from editing a page. ✦Rai✦02:17,11/21/2012
I personally think that if there is one more level added, stating that "Only rollbacks and above can edit", it would be better because there are some things better left off for Admins only. Otherwise, having rollback users able to edit locked pages is a splendid idea. ChaosKnight 02:29, November 21, 2012 (UTC)
- I asked for that and he didn't tell me that was an option. He only said modifying our current usergroups was an option. ✦Rai✦02:42,11/21/2012
Support - I could list a bunch of positive reasons towards this change and can't seem to find any negatives. Plus, it'll mean we don't have to annoy the admins to unlock and then relock a page when we want to edit it... because generally speaking and from what I've seen the P&S are usually the ones trying to edit these locked pages and being unable to. Lalalala :P As for what Chaos said, that's cool... but is it doable? Meh, idc either way XD
02:31, November 21, 2012 (UTC)
- No, from what I can tell, it's not. :P ✦Rai✦02:42,11/21/2012
Hell yeah - I agree with both Rai and Chaos. Poor lil old Carry wasted a big portion of her time fixing bad edits done by the users who ignore the policy. So I give my full support to this new suggestion. And I, as a rollback user, do understand and wish to see this new power in action myself. 02:35, November 21, 2012 (UTC)
- Tell me what I did wrong?! ✦Rai✦02:42,11/21/2012
- Wut you talking 'bout :/?
02:52, November 21, 2012 (UTC)
- I want to know why you're mad at me. >_> ✦Rai✦02:59,11/21/2012
- Wut you talking 'bout :/?
Support -Of course. Our rollback users are our must trusted editors and I'm pretty sure there would be no problem in allowing them to edit admin-only pages. Wait, does it also mean that they can lock pages? or just edit them? Either way, I support 04:24, November 21, 2012 (UTC)
- They would not be able to lock pages. Only edit those which are locked for admins only.
06:27, November 21, 2012 (UTC)
Fully Support -, or should I say 80% of me supports. The other 20% thinks that when users see errors in those pages, it will be kinda complicated to have them fixed(inform a P&S member and try to explain where the errors are). Other than that, it's a very nice suggestion! 17:42,11/21/2012
- Most locked pages are just templates. Main pages that are fully protected are usually for just a few days 18:21, November 21, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, okay then, I am fully convinced now. Thanks for the clarification 19:11,11/21/2012
Support - Agree with Rai that locking is mainly for the inexpierenced, which PS members obviously arent talk Nov 22, 2012, 17:29 (UTC)