|Skip to Table of Contents|
This is the talk page for the article "Sorcerer Magazine".
Yep. You guys are doing a great job. Good nite. #Sleepy
Thank you and Good Night! Just a suggestion for the page, can we change the color of the box that is floating on the right? It is kinda difficult to read.
Not that it's officially going to change, but what color would you suggest?19:15, August 30, 2011 (UTC)
Something lighter, like silver?
How's that? Better?04:02, August 31, 2011 (UTC)
I've also changed the Welcome Box so that they match.04:08, August 31, 2011 (UTC)
It's fine now.
|This discussion is closed. The result of this discussion is:|
|Editors have been chosen|
|Please do not edit this discussion.|
Hey you guys so I have this idea that was inspired from the Avatar Wiki's Newsletter and this Sorcerer Magazine that Rauleli started. I wanted to make a monthly (or biweekly) Magazine that keeps people updated with site and series news, has contests, polls, beauties and beaus of the month, etc. Like a real Magazine, however, I need editors, interviewers, reporters, etc. So that's were you guys come in, if you are interested in helping me out with this project please put your name below under the thing that you think you could help with. I'm the head editor, I need one deputy editor, 2 article conributors/reporters/writers, and one person to handle graphics. Please sign up below if you think you think you can help. There will likely be more than one person trying out for each position, so I'll choose (or host a community vote to decide) the people who get the positions.
Sign up here if you'd like to be the deputy editor
Sign up here if you'd like to be one of the two writers
Sign up here if you'd like to be the graphics designer
If no one else wants to help, I'll do it all by myself :).
I was actually thinking of doing something similar (starting on 2012). I've signed up for two, I mostly want deputy editor, but if no one else signs up, I'll be glad to also be a writer (specailly since I'm here everyday and know everything that's going on)03:32, December 20, 2011 (UTC)
- I was hoping you'd sign up. Hopefully this project will turn out good.
- Did you think there was even a slim chance that I would turn down something like this? Anyway, what exactly would be the job for each? 03:47, December 20, 2011 (UTC)
- The Editor would write 2-3 pages for the Magazine and supervise the creation of the rest of the Magazine, The Deputy Editor would be the second in command, would assist me in making sure that everyone did their jobs and would write 2-3 pages for the Magazine, the first being the update page (explain later), and the second and possibly third being a page or pages of their choice, the 2 writers would each write two pages of their choice unless specifically asked to do otherwise, and the graphics designer would have the job of designing the cover page for the magazine every month or two weeks (we'll decide that later) and any other images that the writers and editors needed for the Magazine.
- How long is considered a page? Are we going to have subscribers like the Avatar Wiki? Are we putting the same thing as the Avatar Wiki on the wiki navigation? 03:57, December 20, 2011 (UTC)
(reset indent)Page length will be for each individual editor or writer to decide. I don't know, our Magazine is set up different from theirs, so I'm thinking no, but we may. Pretty much.
- Cool. Understandable as we don't have as many active users. Great 04:05, December 20, 2011 (UTC)
Yeah, and I'll create a secret wiki for us to work on each edition on, or I'll just let us work on my test wiki.
I think this Magazine idea is awesome!04:11, December 20, 2011 (UTC)
I don't understand... What "pages" would writers be supposed to... Well, write? O_o
--14:09, December 20, 2011 (UTC)
- It can be things like giving your opinion on a fight in the manga or anime, discussing a recent chapter, talking about news in the series, etc.
- ... Like in a blog?
- -- 14:59, December 20, 2011 (UTC)
Yes, some of the pages will be sorta like blogs and others will be dedicated to news.
- Mhm... It does indeed sound interesting...
- -- 15:14, December 20, 2011 (UTC)
I'm going to leave this open until December 31, because our first issue comes out January 31! And after deciding who does what, we'll need to get to work.
Can we nominate people?
22:31, December 21, 2011 (UTC)
- Never mind
22:34, December 21, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah you could, but they'd have to accept the nomination.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.22:40, December 21, 2011 (UTC)
Okay, the results are in, the editors are as follows: Rauleli for Deputy Editor, -jabberjay and DaRinor for our writers, and Ishthak for our Graphics Designer. Thanks for everyone who signed up.
This is just a suggestion. I think it'll be cool if you start a page called 'Best couple of the month'. And you can also include voting. —This unsigned comment was made by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) .
Unfortunately, there aren't that many couples in the FT universe.15:47, April 2, 2012 (UTC)
Why don't you create a page like this : Villain of the month? Just a suggestion. Fairytailfanforever123 15:58, April 2, 2012 (UTC)
You could try something like:Best moment of the month in he anime or manga!or something like:The most shocking happening in the anime or manga!i think that could be cool.--126.96.36.199 10:28, August 25, 2012 (UTC)
Trailers in "Recent news about the Series"
Recently the anime studio released a new trailer for what they call the Tartarus arc (even though it's all Sun Village except the last three seconds). Since it's official material should we mention this trailer in the "Recent news about the Series" section or is that exclusively for chapters and actual episodes? NoNickNeeded (talk) 08:04, March 21, 2015 (UTC)
It can be added yes.15:56, March 21, 2015 (UTC)
Just Wondering, are you now looking for new writers ?22:51, January 7, 2016 (UTC)
New Member Wanted
As you all know, Wrath left the magazine and so we are looking for a new team member to fill his shoes. This new team member needs to be a hard-working individual with a good sense of humor and a good grasp of the English language. They will be responsible for writing the following articles for the magazine:
- This Month in the Anime
- Technical Updates
They also need to participate in the various staff articles for the magazine such as Fairy Interview. Please note that although the magazine is a voluntary process and you are free to take time off if life requires it, it is still a long-running project of the wiki and one which we are determined to release every month for as long as possible. Your work needs to be done as early as possible and if for any reason you can't do your work, you need to let us know as early as possible too.
If you are interested in joining, please sign your name below and you will be put forth for consideration.
- 13:47, February 12, 2016 (UTC)
Okay so it's been like 4 months, and my schedule is in such a way now that I can contribute to the magazine again. Does anyone have complaints?
18:24, March 18, 2016 (UTC)
- I OBJECT!--
- NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU THINK
22:03, March 18, 2016 (UTC)
- NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU THINK
It's only been about a month lol, but yeah, I don't think there'd be any problem if you joined again. Although with the anime coming to a hiatus, what article would you write aside from Technical Updates?
- It's been since the end of November, actually. I've got something in the works, but I need to go shopping before I can do anything about it.
20:04, March 19, 2016 (UTC)
- Has it really? Damn, I need to pay more attention to my colleagues XD