Gray, confronted by Natsu, Happy and Lucy in Avatar's headquarters, tells his former comrades that he has abandoned Fairy Tail and joined Avatar of his own volition. The intruders are then captured by Mary, Jerome, Gômon and Abel. Meanwhile, Gajeel prepares his squad of Rune Knights to attack the cult after the return of his informant, Levy, who is also a member of his squad.
In Amefurashi Village, Wendy continues to tend to Juvia's fever and expresses her belief in Natsu and Gray. Meanwhile, in the Avatar headquarters, Gray and Natsu battle each other, with Natsu trying to convince Gray to help them rebuild Fairy Tail as it will always exist in the hearts of its members. Gray responds that the Guild is no more and that he is not required to revive it since he has abandoned it.
Lucy finds Gray's statements unbearable and slaps him, telling him that they will always be comrades. Suddenly, she feels a sharp pain in her abdomen and collapses. This is revealed to be Mary's doing - the young woman questioning the identity of the intruders. Simultaneously, Natsu and Virgo are chained by a revived Gômon, who uses Magic-sealing handcuffs to diminish his opponents' power, while Abel uses Mr. Cursey to control Happy.
When Mary continues to sadistically torture Lucy, Natsu attempts to rush to her aid despite his restraints, but is stopped cold when Jerome appears and threatens to behead Lucy with his sword. The Dragon Slayer tries to reason with the Devil Slayer, telling him to overcome his madness. But the latter informs him that he made the decision to join Avatar whilst perfectly sane and reveals the Avatar symbol branded on his chest in the exact spot where his Fairy Tail mark used to be, enraging Natsu.
Elsewhere, Gajeel's squad of Rune Knights prepares to attack Avatar. Gajeel and Panther Lily are approached by Levy, who is also a Rune Knight and their informant in Avatar. The trio discuss Avatar's motives and the need to stop their mysterious purification ritual. When Levy and Panther Lily question Gajeel's resolve to fight against their former comrade, the Dragon Slayer clearly states that Gray's involvement with the cult makes him their enemy.
Characters in Order of Appearance
Battles & Events
Magic, Spells, and Abilities used
- Devil Slayer Magic (滅悪魔法 Metsuaku Mahō)
- Ice Devil Slayer Magic (氷の滅悪魔法 Kōri no Metsuaku Mahō)
- Spatial Magic (空間魔法 Kūkan Mahō)
- Dragon Slayer Magic (滅竜魔法 Metsuryū Mahō)
- Fire Dragon Slayer Magic (炎の滅竜魔法 Honō no Metsuryū Mahō)
- Black Magic (黒魔術 Kuro Majutsu)
- Curse Magic (呪いの魔法 Noroi no Mahō)
- Ushi no Koku Mairi (丑の刻参り Ushi no Koku Mairi)
- Battle Mode Shift (戦闘モードシフト Sentō Mōdo Shifuto)
- Star Dress (星霊衣 Sutā Doresu)
- Star Dress: Virgo Form (バルゴフォーム Barugo Fōmu)
- Fire Dragon's Iron Fist (火竜の鉄拳 Karyū no Tekken)
- Dark Sword (暗黒剣 Ankoku Ken)
- Celestial Spirit Gate Keys
- Mr. Cursey (ノーロさん Nōro-san)
- Magic Sealing Stones (魔封石 Mafū Seki)
|Tartaros arc||Avatar arc||Alvarez Empire arc|
|418 | 419 | 420 | 421 | 422 | 423 | 424 | 425 | 426 | 427 | 428 | 429 | 430 | 431 | 432 | 433 | 434 | 435 | 436 | 437|
|276 | 277 | 278 | 279 | 280 | 281 | 282 | 283 | 284 N/A|